Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides Honda.com anywhere else I can get a pearl yellow rear spoiler?

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
Unless I'm blind I don't see no pearl yellow on there
I found one there. Is your color code Y130P ? I even found my color:NH452P. If the Y130P is out of stock, order the NH452P. Let me know when my spoiler comes in and I'll ride up there and put it on. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I found one there. Is your color code Y130P ? I even found my color:NH452P. If the Y130P is out of stock, order the NH452P. Let me know when my spoiler comes in and I'll ride up there and put it on. Thanks in advance
And how would I find if that's my color, never mind i found it

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
Nope, when you pay for it, you tell them which color you want. Mine is Metallic Black_NHA73M (07, 10).

Rick
Damn. That is a nice price. Let us know here when you get it on. Do you currently have a luggage rack mounted on your bike ? I'm in the process of opening an eBay account right now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a Kury rack and risers waiting for the spoiler to arrive. I want to get the spoiler all correctly lined up before I start drilling holes for the rack. I have been told the risers are a must if you plan in cleaning under the rack.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
30 Posts
Damn. That is a nice price. Let us know here when you get it on. Do you currently have a luggage rack mounted on your bike ? I'm in the process of opening an eBay account right now.
This spoiler arrived from China today. I will install it this weekend. I did take it out of the packaging and held it up to the wing. Paint and color match appear flawless. I am very happy with the purchase thus far.

Rick

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
This spoiler arrived from China today. I will install it this weekend. I did take it out of the packaging and held it up to the wing. Paint and color match appear flawless. I am very happy with the purchase thus far.

Rick
Sweet. I want to know that it uses the exact OEM markings in the truck lid. I already have a luggage rack mounted and I was careful to place it as far forward as possible in the anticipation of a spoiler. Had you posted this find earlier this year I would have done the spoiler first.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sweet. I want to know that it uses the exact OEM markings in the truck lid. I already have a luggage rack mounted and I was careful to place it as far forward as possible in the anticipation of a spoiler. Had you posted this find earlier this year I would have done the spoiler first.
I will drill the holes this weekend. However, so far is believe the template is exactly the same as stock.

I did a quick dry run last night has the template lining up with the three dimples under the trunk on the right side and the two on the left. This also is consistent with what I have heard from others who have purchased this spoiler.

I also have top of my trunk taped off with masking tape, so I can place the Kury rack on the truck and see how it aligns with the spoiler. I should get my Kury risers before the weekend, so this weekend will be the big leap of faith with several holes being drilled!

Rick

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
I will drill the holes this weekend. However, so far is believe the template is exactly the same as stock.

I did a quick dry run last night has the template lining up with the three dimples under the trunk on the right side and the two on the left. This also is consistent with what I have heard from others who have purchased this spoiler.

I also have top of my trunk taped off with masking tape, so I can place the Kury rack on the truck and see how it aligns with the spoiler. I should get my Kury risers before the weekend, so this weekend will be the big leap of faith with several holes being drilled!

Rick
May I make a small suggestion on the hole drilling? The instructions tell you to use a small drill bit at first and then graduate to a larger bit and finally the right size bit for the hole. I really suggest that you follow that procedure. The trunk lid is pretty thick and if you just use the big bit at first, you will most likely burr the hole, increasing the chance for leakage due to rain. Going smaller to larger bits reduces that chance. You will see what I mean when you make the first drill hole. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
May I make a small suggestion on the hole drilling? The instructions tell you to use a small drill bit at first and then graduate to a larger bit and finally the right size bit for the hole. I really suggest that you follow that procedure. The trunk lid is pretty thick and if you just use the big bit at first, you will most likely burr the hole, increasing the chance for leakage due to rain. Going smaller to larger bits reduces that chance. You will see what I mean when you make the first drill hole. :)
Hey DreamWeaver I am all for learning from the experience of others. I am also a big fan of youtube and all the great how too lessons available on line.

I will certainly follow your suggestions! :)

Rick

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Hey DreamWeaver I am all for learning from the experience of others. I am also a big fan of youtube and all the great how too lessons available on line.

I will certainly follow your suggestions! :)

Rick
The top of the case is not only thick but very dense. You will really have to hold the drill motor as the bit starts to go through the case. It will want to just keep going and if you don't have a good hold on the motor, it will yank your hand and motor right up to the case. In metal when the bit breaks through, you can easily push and pull the drill to ream the hole. Its not that way on this plastic. You have to reverse the motor to back the bit out. It just wants to keep drilling. A sharp knife will let you ream the extra plastic tailings inbetween bits. Just go slow and you'll be OK.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can use a " Step Drill Bit " Blow the small bit hole from the bottom template and use the step drill bit from the top down. No burrs, just a clean hole. Here's a fellow who doesn't use step drill but it's for " entertainment purposes only " anyway:http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301629
I have a few of Cruisman's videos linked to my youtube account. Very helpful. I also have a Step Drill Bits, however, because I have never drilled into the Honda Tupperware before, I am worried I would over drill the size of the hole.

Perhaps I will try one hole under the spoiler after I have drilled a pilot hole with the smaller bit.

Between the spoiler, Kury rack and risers and my BikeMP3 CB Antenna, that truck is going to look like Swiss cheese before I am done!!

Rick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts