Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Need more information, What year bike? Both rear speakers or just 1 did you install them or were they on the bike when you got it, no noise at all or just static, did you try adjusting the seperation?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike is 2007 GL1800 THE SPEAKERS WERE ON THE THE BIKE I BOUGHT THE BIKE NEW/ I DID TRY THE SEPERATION ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APREICATED ONTARIO CANADA

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Seattle.

My 94 Interstate does not have rear speakers.... but I am confident there are folks here ready to assist.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area. When you attend chapter meetings there are friendly folks that ride the same motorcycle you do, and they know their motorcycle.

You can find a local chapter by going their website: http://www.gwrra.org

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
larry i am a member of gwrra in ontario did not think to ask someone in the chapter will ask at the next meeting

tks dave

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Hmmmmm. So your front/ rear fader control is visually working and when you fade to maximum rear speaker the front and the rear speakers are all silent ?

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
From the manual for 2007. "Speaker Output Voltage Inspection".
Select A/C range on Voltmeter.
Measure the voltage between the connector terminals at each speaker.
There should be voltage (doesn't say what voltage) when the radio is turned on. The voltage should increase/decrease in accordance with volume control. If it does and no sound, bad speakers.
Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
You don't have to YELL!! (All caps means your yelling)
There are wires that run along the hinge for the trunk lid, most times when the rear speakers stop working it is because these wires get broke from the constant opening and closing of the trunk, If your seperation doesn't get your rear speakers working I would guess it's the wires along the trunk hinge are broke. Let us know what you find, it will help others in the future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did not know that caps ment yelling, sorry i do appreciate all the feedback i am getting from this forum i am back to work now i have to put a Saturday aside and try to find the problem, i will post when i find the problem

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
You don't have to YELL!! (All caps means your yelling)
There are wires that run along the hinge for the trunk lid, most times when the rear speakers stop working it is because these wires get broke from the constant opening and closing of the trunk, If your seperation doesn't get your rear speakers working I would guess it's the wires along the trunk hinge are broke. Let us know what you find, it will help others in the future.
Amazing how picky we can be, but just to keep things honest here, Grammatically speaking, your reply should have read."There are wires that run along the hinge for the trunk lid. Most of the time when the rear speakers stop working it is because the wires become broken from the constant opening and closing of the trunk. If your separation doesn't get your rear speakers working, I would guess it's the wires along the trunk hinge that are broken. Let us know what you find. It will help others in the future." Please note the punctuation mistakes, mis-use of words and misspelled word. :D

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Amazing how picky we can be, but just to keep things honest here, Grammatically speaking, your reply should have read."There are wires that run along the hinge for the trunk lid. Most of the time when the rear speakers stop working it is because the wires become broken from the constant opening and closing of the trunk. If your separation doesn't get your rear speakers working, I would guess it's the wires along the trunk hinge that are broken. Let us know what you find. It will help others in the future." Please note the punctuation mistakes, mis-use of words and misspelled word. :D
DreamWeaver,

Were you an English teacher back in 1962 in El Paso Texas?

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
DreamWeaver,

Were you an English teacher back in 1962 in El Paso Texas?
No, Larry I was not. I just doubt that typing in caps really hurt his ears as he implied. And the old saying came to mind that "People who live in glass houses, should not throw rocks".
Did somebody do something to you back in 62 in El Paso?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Geez, finding mistakes and spelling errors on forums would be a full time occupation :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Geez, finding mistakes and spelling errors on forums would be a full time occupation :rolleyes:[/QUOTE Maybe you should read the entire Thread to determine why things were said. How would you like to post a question and be chastised just because you used upper case letters? This is not a scientific, NASA engineer forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to all the people who replied to me about my rear speaker problem on my 04 Goldwing . it was the wires in the rear trunk there were 6 cracked on one side and 3 cracked on the other side, again thank you for your valueable information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the speakers working now it was the wires at the back of the trunk 6 crack on one side 3 on the other side thanks for all the help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts