Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem. My girlfriend has broken the tabs off the rear pockets. the doors are fine its the outside tabs on the pockets them selfs so the doors fall off while going down the road. anyone know of a fix instead of buying two new pocket assy's for $140 a piece. any thought would be appreciated. thanks

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
I had the tab on one of my 1500 break as well. Here was my fix. Drill a very small hole to start with like 1/64 & then keep working up in size to the point where you can get a tiny cotter pin in yet leave enough plastic so there is something subsantial to hold. The cotter pin will be a hinge.

Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Can you get your girlfriend to spring for the $140...... LOL...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was pissed when she broke them. First it was the left one . The lid come off while going down the highway. Then lastnight she broke the right one and didn't know it so it flew off going down a backroad. I'll try the potter pin fix. Thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I had the tab on one of my 1500 break as well. Here was my fix. Drill a very small hole to start with like 1/64 & then keep working up in size to the point where you can get a tiny cotter pin in yet leave enough plastic so there is something subsantial to hold. The cotter pin will be a hinge.

Hope this helps.
I did something similar, only in stead of the cotter pin which I didn't have, I used a small piece of wire about 3/4 inch long with a slight bend in the middle. It has been in there for years.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
My rear locker doors were broke when I bought it used. Checking it out I found the hinges broken on both doors and the previous own or some one used a small piece of velcro at the bottom of the door to keep the bottom of the door in and the latch holds the top. Works for my bike, though it wouldn't hurt to put new velcro in there cause whats there is showing age and sometimes you have to work at it to get it stuck back it there. But once it's in and stuck it holds well and it's very little trouble to use the pockets.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Some one put very small zip ties on mine..don't think they will ever come off!:)

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
A few days ago the plastic tab that locks the top shut broke off on my right pocket. So far I just put a piece of electrical tap to hold it closed. I have to take a good look to see how I can fix this.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
A few days ago the plastic tab that locks the top shut broke off on my right pocket. So far I just put a piece of electrical tap to hold it closed. I have to take a good look to see how I can fix this.
I haven't tried it, so I can't say for sure but could you use a couple strips of Self Sticking Velcro. Won't be able to lock it but it might hold the lid on.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts