Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Are you referring to the ends of the pipes? There's a bolt on the underside of the exhaust tip (8mm? I think) that you have to take out and they should come right off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Muffle Shields

I didn't explain to well. I am installing leg up landing gear on my 2012 1800 gold wing. I have to remove the heat shields to to trim them. I had my ankle fused last January and it is getting hard to hold the bike up. I like to make long trips on the bike and I don't want to give that up.

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Sorry Capt, here's the scoop. The items you're looking at are actually heat shields. To take them off, you have to remove the lower cowls, they're held on with 6 or 8 acorn nuts. Then the heat shields just slide off the tabs. Be sure not to loose the rubber grommets or they'll rattle some when you put them back on. The cowls can be a bit of a test putting them back on too.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I didn't explain to well. I am installing leg up landing gear on my 2012 1800 gold wing. I have to remove the heat shields to to trim them. I had my ankle fused last January and it is getting hard to hold the bike up. I like to make long trips on the bike and I don't want to give that up.
I feel your pain Bro. They repaired mine with a plate and screws two years ago. It still gave me problems so I ask then to rxray it. One of the breaks had not fused so now I don't know what they are going to do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cowls

Sorry Capt, here's the scoop. The items you're looking at are actually heat shields. To take them off, you have to remove the lower cowls, they're held on with 6 or 8 acorn nuts. Then the heat shields just slide off the tabs. Be sure not to loose the rubber grommets or they'll rattle some when you put them back on. The cowls can be a bit of a test putting them back on too.
Thanks budoka, I trying not to take lower cowls off. Oh well. Thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel your pain Bro. They repaired mine with a plate and screws two years ago. It still gave me problems so I ask then to rxray it. One of the breaks had not fused so now I don't know what they are going to do.
Thanks Lonewolfx 101647. They keep trying to save the ankle and it been over 2 years now. They fused it last January. It still hurts when I walk, but Hey, I can walk. I had gotten the 2010 gold wing and went to get the brake recall done and the 2012 was sitting there just calling for me. What can I say. Ha. Ha.:cool::)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts