Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
I actually use a Lucas Gear Oil on mine. I think the viscosity is the big thing....:dunno:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Does AMS rear drive oil make a difference over the Honda stuff?
I think we can all agree that a good testament would be drive temps.

I have a Dealer in Cali who rides with Wing and Valk owners who did a little testing of their own. AMSOIL (not AMS) was 60 deg cooler than OEM.. The closest in the group was 10 deg higher and that was Mobil.

I always recommend our SVG which is our Top of the Line Gear lube. For someone that wants to save about $1.00 per change, as there is about 3-4 changes per qt., our AGL is the fluid of choice.

Bob

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
With only a tad over 4 oz in the rear diff, is cost really a factor? I change mine every season and the dollars are really insignificant.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
With only a tad over 4 oz in the rear diff, is cost really a factor? I change mine every season and the dollars are really insignificant.
D...

Being in the business, you know all too well how some people will spend many Thousands on a bike, Thousands more in goodies and then want to SKIMP on paying only a couple dollars more for quality and try to extend change intervals on items because of their "Beliefs".

Bob

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
I hear you Bob. There's a difference in paying a premium price for a premium product and skimping on a necessity. There's very often better value in a higher priced product when the day's done. PM sent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.