Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1st post here. I have an 03 gl1800 70k miles. Recently have done nothing but ride. My rear brake pedal decides to get soft but pumps up hard and works fine. Wait 30 seconds and it does same thing. Pads are fine, caliper float pin greased and smooth. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
121 Posts
My 1st post here. I have an 03 gl1800 70k miles. Recently have done nothing but ride. My rear brake pedal decides to get soft but pumps up hard and works fine. Wait 30 seconds and it does same thing. Pads are fine, caliper float pin greased and smooth. Any suggestions??
Bleed the brake system. Keep in mind that the front brakes effect the rear brake operation as well. Bleed all of them. Make sure you use the bleeding sequence that is outlined in the Honda Service Manual.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Premium Member
10,979 Posts
Firstly..............................try a weight on the rear brake peddle overnight.:)

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You are getting great advice already.

·
Super Moderator
11,755 Posts
Has the brake recall been done?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have same bike and mine was doing that at the same mileage. Went on for a few weeks before I had no rear brake at all. Had to bleed and refill. This was all after having the master cylinder replaced on the recall.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If you pump the brake up an put a light pressure on it does it start to fade? If so it is time to rebuild or replace your master cylinder. If you have had no leaks and the fluid was full there should be no way for air to enter the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts