Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a used 2002 with ABS. I hardly use the back brake, so my test ride I didn't use it. But when I tried it on the way home it went way down with no resistance. After I released it, and put it on again it had pressure. Any Ideas, the ABS light does not indicate an ABS problem and the front works fine. Also, the emergency flashers stayed on when I tried them (also on the way home) and the fog lights turned off and now wont stay on! HELP! New to Goldwings, sorry for so many questions.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Call the guy who sold it to you and ask him if he has had these problems and what he did. The brakes probably need to be bleeding, spray some contact cleaner on the emergency switch, also try pushing it in and releasing it slowly, probably the same for the fog light switch.
Here is the procedures for bleeding the brakes
Front Brake Reservoir 1: Front Right Brake Upper Bleeder Valve 8mm 2: Front Left Brake Middle/lower Bleeder Valve 10mm Rear Reservoir (under right side chrome) 1: Front Left Brake Upper Bleeder Valve 8mm 2: Front Right Brake Lower Bleeder Valve 10mm 3: Rear Brake Lower Bleeder Valve 8mm 4: Anti-Dive: bleeder valve on top 10mm 5: Rear Brake Upper Bleeder Valve 10mm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts