Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my butt kicked. I'm trying to install a Speedohealer V4 from HealTech on my '16 GL1800 A/C. I do not know how to find the speed sensor connector. Someone sent a drawing from another forum but from that it looks like you have to take off most of the right side fairing to find the wire/connector.

Has anyone here installed one of these? I would really appreciate some help. Have spent several hours not getting anywhere with this.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m going to install one of the SpeedoDRD on my 2013. From what I was told you do have to remove the right side of the shelter to get to the speed odo wiring. I’ve yet to find anything else to see up front before tearing into it. Maybe someone else will chime in here and help us out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
841 Posts
One question. Why are you installing this. I have a 2012 and my speedometer is within 1 mph according to my GPS.
The older models did have a problem but Honda fixed it on the newer ones.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Speed Sensor.jpg

Remove the molding on the right side of the fairing.
Remove the upper right panel on the right side of the fairing.
Remove the panel below the upper right panel.
Remove the screws that hold the right fairing piece in place.
Lift the right lower half of the fiaring and find the boot with the connectors in it.
Make sure you have the correct connector. It is white/praque. Honda re-uses the same 3pin plug for various sensors, thus many plugs may fit, but only one is the speed sensor plug. The speed sensor plug will have Pink, Green, Black wires.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Registered
22 Posts
Awesome! Really appreciate it! I’m trying to get time to get this done since I changed my final drive to the higher geared one from Henry.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Awesome! Really appreciate it! I’m trying to get time to get this done since I changed my final drive to the higher geared one from Henry.

Excellent. You will like the results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts