Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
My current ride is a '95 VFR750 but I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a Wing. Love the VFR, and I'll be keeping her, but want to add a "for real" two-up machine and I'm a Honda lifer so a Wing is the only choice.
I'm open to any year of the current generation bike, but really want the ABS version. Ideal candidate budget wise is 2005, 2006. Are there any advantages to certain model years, problems with certain year models? Problems I need to look for?

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. If you update your info/location we will know where you call home.

As far as your question about certain years, not many problems reported an on any Wings from 2005 on up. Early years 2001-04 had some frame and fan issues, but those were taken care of by Mother Honda under warranty recalls.

Good luck on your search and ride safe...

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Minnesota!

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good luck in your search.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, my friend Two Wheel pretty much summed up the early 1800 issues, Usually all you ever hear guys whine about are tires & factory GPS units. That's about the most problems you'll hear about a Wing.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
hello froggy, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Welcome Froggy. All the 1800s are great, but if you can find one, the '06 has some updates that the earlier models didn't. Nothing major, but worth while.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from New Jersey. I would have to agree with everyone here on your question. Either way you will be happy.

Sent from my iPod touch using MO Free

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Welcome from another Pa. brother and I love my 06 and If you are in the Pa. Nj. area try East Coast Cycles. and if you like yellow check out GORDOS pics.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Got my Wing

I picked-up this sweet '08 last week in Delaware.
I still need Pennsylvania inspection before I can get in some road time. Will get it inspected later this week.
The bike had only 4600 miles on the clock and apart from some minor discoloration on the front rim, looks positively pristine.
Looking forward to a trip through upstate NY in the near future.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Welcome for Cayce SC. AS far as wings if they can show all recalls are complete and a good service record, any well kept wing will serve you well.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
I picked-up this sweet '08 last week in Delaware.
I still need Pennsylvania inspection before I can get in some road time. Will get it inspected later this week.
The bike had only 4600 miles on the clock and apart from some minor discoloration on the front rim, looks positively pristine.
Looking forward to a trip through upstate NY in the near future.
Okay there are a few things we need to comment on here.

1) Great looking ride. Congrats to you.
2) Keep an eye out around here there may be a breakfast ride that you can hookup on. We have been known to make a few of those a year.;)
3) I don't think any of us commented on the fact that you joined this forum before most of us regulars (except maybe Doc) & it took you this long to post.

I believe Gentlemen this even beats Redfox & sr71.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Nice looking machine. You'll be smiling for years! :D . :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts