Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rapier and I took a little ride to Seneca Rocks in West Virginia today. Superb roads and great twisties over there. Kind of like a " Tail of the Dragon " for beginners. The weather condition of the day were as follows : 150 miles to Seneca Rocks- overcast but dry. Short stop at Seneca Rocks- rain begins. 125 miles ( +/- ) to Culpeper VA- RAIN, RAIN, RAIN.........you get the idea. 50 miles ( +/- ) to home base- overcast but dry. Would have liked to get some pictures of Rapier dragging his foot pegs and passenger floorboards through the twisties, but he was too far ahead of me to get a good shot. ;) I posted what little I could get on film today at this web site: http://drop.io/0fxryo0

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Good pics and good ride, how is the feather butt?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good pics and good ride, how is the feather butt?:rolleyes:
Got off the bike, walked ( not limped ) into my house, said hello to Mz. Vickie, grabbed the dog leashes and two plastic bags and took the dogs around the block. Thank you mother Goldwing for making that possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Got off the bike, walked ( not limped ) into my house, said hello to Mz. Vickie, grabbed the dog leashes and two plastic bags and took the dogs around the block. Thank you mother Goldwing for making that possible.
Nice pictures, even got to see your drink holder!!
You are getting better, driving, and taking pictures on the move.

WA9FWT Phil

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Looks like you had a great time. Always good to get out on the Wing and home again safely. Great pics too.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Good job boys. Looks like you had fun. Nice pics there Maestro.:D

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Can't say enough about Route 33 between Harrisonburg, VA and Seneca Rocks, WV. While we went west to east on it (twisties first, followed by some of the most beautiful "tree tunnels" that I've ever seen and a river flowing right next to the road), it would be great in either direction. We're going to have to do that trip again in dry weather.

I'll own up that I didn't drag the pegs at all, but did find a couple of times where the toe of the boot scraped. Does that count considering it was wet?

Oh, and Maestro was taking pictures while I was unaware. He didn't even tell me that he was doing it until we got to Seneca Rocks!

All in all, a great trip! Highly recommend it!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Way to go guys! I'll bet the "BEER" sign in the foreground was just an accident right?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Like bees to honey, I suppose...

We didn't partake, but the draw was still there! hehe

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks great - I can't wait. I'm planning a solo trip to Nelson Rocks (not far from Seneca Rocks) at the end of the month. About 430 miles each way, prolly go down on Friday and back on Monday. Plan on taking the scenic route(s) through PA.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great - I can't wait. I'm planning a solo trip to Nelson Rocks (not far from Seneca Rocks) at the end of the month. About 430 miles each way, prolly go down on Friday and back on Monday. Plan on taking the scenic route(s) through PA.
Sweet! Prepare yourself for some good twistie technique riding. Give us some advance warning here on this thread. I'm good for another run up there. Most challenging run I've had with the Wing since I got it in November.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Way to go guys! I'll bet the "BEER" sign in the foreground was just an accident right?
The sign was gratuitous ! Didn't notice it until I posted the pics here. You have a good eye for detail. Funny you should notice..... hmmm .....

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Nice Ride

Congrats, Rapier, you are filling them in!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sweet! Prepare yourself for some good twistie technique riding. Give us some advance warning here on this thread. I'm good for another run up there. Most challenging run I've had with the Wing since I got it in November.
Right now it looks like I'll head there on the 25th and come home on the 28th. I'm planning on doing the Via Ferrata one day (http://www.nelsonrocks.org) and maybe a rock climbing lesson the next, either at Nelson Rocks or Seneca Rocks. Will confirm when I nail it down.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right now it looks like I'll head there on the 25th and come home on the 28th. I'm planning on doing the Via Ferrata one day (http://www.nelsonrocks.org) and maybe a rock climbing lesson the next, either at Nelson Rocks or Seneca Rocks. Will confirm when I nail it down.
Well, Rapier did say he wanted to return on a fair weather day. I'm always good on a Sunday, but Saturday is an optional day for me also. This time I, and I hope WE, will take the trip in reverse: Harrisonburg to Seneca Rocks to 66 east. " What say ye, Rapier " ?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Works for me, Maestro. As you already know, I am pretty sure that I am a no-go for this Sunday, but we can talk about it for the next!

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
I've just added Seneca Rocks and Highway 33 to my bucket list pile. Nice pictures.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
" Rapier " and I took another little ride today to Gettysburg PA and Harpers Ferry WV. The significance of this trip lies not some much in the adventure as in the fact that it was the first time Mz. Vickie and I have rode together. Rapier doubled up with Loni, I, of course, with Vickie, and my good neighbor Art flew solo on his VTX. It was a great little 200 mile trip with a little bit of everything for Mz. Vickie to taste: highway speeds; in-town maneuvers; gentle twisties; and even a little rain to round off her first riding experience with me. Thank you mother Honda for making it comfortable for her. And I would like to thank " Rapier " and Loni for their presence on our maiden trip. Being there with us made my job a lot easier! Here are a few random pictures of the sites we saw. All photos were taken by Vickie, so it' safe to assume she was not holding on for dear life. The link: http://drop.io/zhau4kx

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Good looking shots by Mz Vickie. I take it she faired well?

Gotta Love PERKINS.:D

I spent the day on the computer, now that the little lady decided to get involved in the trip we have taken some turns. It's all good though her input has made things better believe me. In 2hrs it will be 3 to go.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Great pics Lee. Took that same tour last year, GBurg, HF and then on to Skyline Dr and Luray Caverns. Lots of great places to see and explore. Glad you had a good and safe time..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts