Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Spring Everyone! Late last fall I purchased a RAM mount assembly for my GL1800's Garmin GPS. Finally started to get things underway for the riding season. How do you attach the RAM-B-309-1, Ball/Double holed shaft part to the handlebars?? The part has a rounded/depression on the shaft to accomodate a round handlebar. With our wings we have a more square situation...I don't want to place a chrome C-clamp...There should be some kind of adapter...Any help will be appreciated!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I have the same mount for my Garmin Zumo 550. Mounted it on my 1500 exactly as shown in the diagram in the instructions above, including the spacers (B) as shown. It can be mounted on either side. I had it on the right side first, then moved it to the left side because it was easier to run the power supply wire over there. When you install the mount, you will replace the original screws for the clutch reservoir with the new screws that came with the mount (the replacement screws are longer to accomodate the mount and the spacers). Be sure to keep the original screws in a safe place where they won't get lost so you can put everything back to specs if you want to sell the bike and keep the mount. I put the original screws in a small plastic bag and put it with the Garmin owner's manual.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
PS Do not use the U-bolt that came with the mount. Use the two supplied screws instead (as shown in the diagram in the above instructions), and make sure you use the correct size hex wrench so you don't round out the recess in the screw heads. The rounded depression in the mount is for a different application.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ram Mount

I used the same mount for my 97 wing for a garmin,It works great.I also made a mount for a video camera that attached to the back of my gps bracket so my camera is right above the gps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What options do i need to fit a 2610 .

I have a spare Garmin 2610 and want to fit to wing , Can someone help me out , Thankyou

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I have a spare Garmin 2610 and want to fit to wing , Can someone help me out , Thankyou
I believe Ram Mount makes a monting system that will work on your 2610. Go to their website and you should be able to find what you need. You will also need a 12v connection to power the GPS or else you will have to run it on it's battery and recharge everynite.

http://www.ram-mount.com/

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got mounting plates that replace the clutch and brake reservoir. There is a tab that extends out from the end with a mounting hole.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
If you need Ram Mounts, the best place to get them in my opinion is www.gpscity.com They have every mount known to man and good prices and super fast shipping. I have ordered tons of Ram mounts from them and recommend them highly. If Ram makes it, GPSCity has it.:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have ordered the clutch bracket for Goldwing , it should be here soon , changed the oil , not used to so fine a oil in bikes , My usual is 20/50 for the BMW which we all know has been around since the war lol , Many Thanks .

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Do not take off the original brake lever mount, just take out the existing screws put the new mount with the two spacers and the longer screws right over the existing mount....I hope that explains it.............

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm looking for this cover that replaces the clutch reservoir cover and has the ball for gps mount.
Most of the RAM mounts I've seen go over the cover instead of replacing it.
There's one here that can accept 2 balls for mounting.

For more ideas, just google "ram clutch cover mount"

Reactions: budoka

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
What NVSB4 said above. Just be sure to get the replacement screws in tight enough. I nearly had a disastrous leak when I did mine. Only my little handy mini socket set save the day and my bike's tupperware form caustic/costly brake fluid damage...:surprise:

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts