Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to install my ram mount on my 2005 goldwing and the screws are too long:mad: Has anyone else had this happen? The instructions are pretty easy. Put in spacer, then bracket then lock washer then bolt. 6mmx55mm will not screw in all the way. They need to ship 6mmx40mm with this product. I just don't get it. Anybody else have this happen?

wingdinger

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have never used them but you should call them and tell them, I got some metric screws/bolts from my local True Value hardware store, you might try a place like that or Lowe's or Home Depot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried lowes but no luck. It's going to be difficult to get black hex screws but I am going to ace hardware and see if they can help me out.

wingdinger.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I am an idiot. I didn't see the forest because of all the trees in the way. The original piece is used instead of the other piece I was trying to use. Please excuse my stupidity. I will now go back to reading posts instead of creating them.

wingdinger

·
Registered
89 Posts
I feel better now. I had the same "problem" on my '06 until I re-read the instructions and realized the piece goes on top of the original bracket instead of replacing it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to install my ram mount on my 2005 goldwing and the screws are too long:mad: Has anyone else had this happen? The instructions are pretty easy. Put in spacer, then bracket then lock washer then bolt. 6mmx55mm will not screw in all the way. They need to ship 6mmx40mm with this product. I just don't get it. Anybody else have this happen?

wingdinger
Home depot has M6-1.0 x 40mm. They are too short for my 2015 F6B. I need at least 60 in length. Had to order them from Home Depot. Nothing lets us know that ahead of time. Crazy.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Just so you know, this thread is almost 7 ears old.

I have some issues with my reservoir mount Ram ball too. Once I got the screws figured out, I find they manage to work their way loose at intervals. One of the first things I check during my walk around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts