Honda Goldwing Forum banner

40861 - 40880 of 45764 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,389 Posts
Good morning y'all. Bad day yesterday as a helicopter on a prescribe burn in Texas crashed. One fatality and two in the hospital the last I heard. Fortunately the two in front survived and the pilot should be able to tell what happened.
Mark, so sorry to hear this. I'm sure this is just one of the dangers surrounding your job. Praying for the families involved.

On a better note, good morning everyone. Have a good day and be careful out there..

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Good morning folks.

Sorry to hear about the helicopter crash Mark. I’m not a big fan of those. I went down in one in 1978 in Korea. Unfortunately my next assignment had me flying in one everyday. The military was not very understanding of my trepidation with flying.

Hope they heal well.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
25,969 Posts
Good morning friends and neighbors:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
27,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,872

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Morning ,
Enjoy your weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Good morning crew. Have a great Friday.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Good morning all. Just finished the night shift for the week My day runs from 6PM to 6AM Mark R. I hope those that survived the crash heal quickly. Take your umbrella in the northern tier today. Have a good one.

·
Super Moderator
9,389 Posts
Good morning everyone. Well we made another week. Get through the day and you have a weekend to look forward to. Whatever you are doing today be careful.

·
Super Moderator
13,822 Posts
Good morning y'all. I have the day off to meet Sprout's class at Disney on Ice. (Joy, joy, but it will be fun.) Afterwards he will come home with me for an overnight at our house. Tomorrow is his birthday party and we will drive him home for that.

The helicopter crash pilot is still hospitalized, but the other front seat person walked away. That is what I was doing last Saturday in the same brand of helicopter. We found out yesterday that the stand down for burning will last until at least the middle of next week and hopefully we will find out what happened. But that work is at low levels, flying 50 or so feet above the treetops. So any hiccup from the engine and you have time to say "oh sh"

Steve, I love flying but it always makes me nervous. I didn't know any of these people, but I knew people on the last two crashes doing the same work. It's the safest way to do our prescribe burning as we keep a bunch of people walking through the middle lighting fire. (which is what I prefer doing) But if something goes wrong it will be a bad outcome.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Mornin friends! We got more white crap last night! Really? I think mother nature needs s date! Caging it today :(

Good guys ride black bikes!
IDMWT# 98

40861 - 40880 of 45764 Posts