Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Anybody got a good solution to my little problem, I have tried a couple of things to bead the rain off the windshield but nothing seems to work that well someone said try using pledge furniture polish but that didn't work, I thought about Rain X but someone said it ruins the screen, I've tried a couple of other things but again no good, so does anyone else have a solution, remember guys and gals that I live in a wet England.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
RainX will destroy the stock shield, I use a wax on mine, just like I do on the bike and it helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
RainX will destroy the stock shield, I use a wax on mine, just like I do on the bike and it helps.
I always use the same wax that I wax my bike with. It works great, but water is not going to roll off until you hit about 40mph or so. When it does roll, it goes straight up then flys off the top of the windshield back at you.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
I use a product called Plexus on all parts of the bike including the windshield. Works great for me. Expensive, but worth it. You can find at Walmart, ACE hardware or other such places..

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I also use Plexus. I use it on the bike, windshield, helmets & Shields....That stuff is great, you're right it's expensive, about $18.00 for a 14oz can.....It does go a long way though.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I use a product called Plexus on all parts of the bike including the windshield. Works great for me. Expensive, but worth it. You can find at Walmart, ACE hardware or other such places..
Hey TWW,

How is this different? I have seen others recommend it but don't understand what is does differently than a waxed or plain windshield
:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I spray on Armorall and wipe with wet towel. Let set for 10 minutes and wipe with dry towel. Will last through 3-4 washes.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Hey TWW,

How is this different? I have seen others recommend it but don't understand what is does differently than a waxed or plain windshield
:confused:
The product was initially designed for use in aviation industry to clean, polish and protect plastics. It polishes the plastic and seals the pores of the plastic. It's not oily, tacky and is anti-static. I've not found anything that works better. Honda makes a spray cleaner/polish that works also, but not as well as this stuff..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
TW is right about the Plexus. I use it on the plane all the time; of course anything is going to work better at 130 mph than 60 mph. the Pledge does work, but only after a series of serious repeated polishings and lots of hard work and soft cloths.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts