Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I put RainX on the oem windshield without damage? What about the dash portion on my '08?

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
GD, The maestro is correct. You do not want to do that. However I always found that using Plexsus will give you somewhat results. Not as good but not bad. There are also other products that are made for the oem windshield that will work. I can't think of them off hand but I'm sure someone will know.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
I would stay away from Rainx on the Goldwing screen. I use Plexus or the Honda polish and it works fine. JMHO..

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
No do not use Rain X on the wind shield......Not good results!!!

I use lemon pledge on mine....works great. Use it on the dash too!!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Does RainX or Plexus stop rock chips on the windshield too? Mine looks like its been through a desert storm.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Does RainX or Plexus stop rock chips on the windshield too? Mine looks like its been through a desert storm.
That may have more to do with your driving style young man than your windshield.:D:D:D

You probably should score an F4 & before you ask no I'm not buying.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Nothing will stop chips or scratches on a windshield, be careful when you clean it, use water or a spray cleaner like Honda or Plexis, I carry a spray bottle with water and a few drops of peroxide in it, works great,.
F4 shields are about the strongest for preventing scratches and chip.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Of note is the OEM windshield is hardcoated polycarbonate as is the F4. Both withstand a certain amount of abrasions above any acrylic shield.

·
Registered
741 Posts
That may have more to do with your driving style young man than your windshield.:D:D:D

You probably should score an F4 & before you ask no I'm not buying.
I was thinking of trying those headlight buffing compounds with the drill attachment (I.E. Mothers/Meguires). Anyone try it?

Oh come on Fossil, why won't you buy it for me? Wouldn't you feel aweful if I crashed because i couldn't see outta my windscreen?

I suppose this is another inevitable experiment/video.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Dook, I did the wife's Subaru headlights with the Mother's kit & in reading the directions it says good for all types of plastics & poly's so I thought "What the hey?" I'll try buffing up the windscreen of the Nighthawk & it worked great. I would say if your windshield was bad enough that you were thinking about changing it then try it. The worst that could happen is you would have to change it quicker.

I would feel bad if that happened but I'm still not buying you one.:rolleyes:

Roll Camera. Action!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Learned about Lemon Pledge on this forum when I first joined. Works great. I use a microfiber towel to apply it with, also learned here.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I really liked Plexus on my oem & Tulsa windshields. The Honda spray polish is also one of my favorites for a quick touch-up job on the painted surfaces.

I have an F4 now & use RainX on it, but I would say no on any other shield.

My oem (on my '08) is for sale, by the way......I'll post it in the appropriate thread.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The Honda spray polish is also one of my favorites for a quick touch-up job on the painted surfaces.
I used the Honda til they changed vendors! Switched to "Origional Cleaner/Polish", which is the same as the Honda spray used to be.The Honda stuff seems hard to get off to me now and streaks easily on my dark red.

I have an F4 now & use RainX on it, but I would say no on any other shield.
FYI-The OEM shield is also hardcoated polycarbonate-same as the
F4..
I am waiting for confirmation from RainX as to which of their products, if any, should be used on hardcoated polycarbonate and on acrylic.
One states glass only, the other states plexiglass????????????

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
No to RainX like everyone else and I used pledge for years but switched to Plexus on advice from here. I have found both really good. Never put the bike away without getting out the Plexus to do, not only the windshield but, all areas of the bike. Got to get hid of those bugs FAST. What do you people use in Florida during "Love-Bug" season?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts