Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Not sure if I am suppose to start a new thread with a new but similar question...because everyone read the last thread...or continue with a new question on the old thread...Let me know for future posts....

NEW QUESTION:

Has any one tried Rain-X on the GW Windshields...? I use it on my car and it works great...but scared to try it on the GW windshield...Thoughts?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Most posts on the subject say to stay away from products like rain-x because it causes problems with plastic windshields. A lot of folks, me included, use a product called Plexus. It's not cheap, but works very well and does not cause problems with the Wing windshield.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Mark, What Two Wheel said in addition do not use Rain-X on your Helmet visor either. Rain-X & other products of that makeup soften the plastic. Plexsus does have that ability to bead water but not quite as well as Rain-X.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
" Lemon Pledge " seems to be a favorite furniture polish used by alot of riders. Don't know about it's " beading " quality on the windscreen myself yet, I'm still working down my can of Plexus.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Have used regular Pledge on plastic for over 20 years and it works great. Started on the plastic for Boat Canvas that they have on the Fly Bridges. Works great on the Face Shield of your Helmet also.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hey MarkH...I goggled Rainx some time ago and if memory serves, one of the sites specifically said "do not use on GW windshields".
Having said that, I met a guy on a circa 1906 Wing who swore by it, but... :)
Strat

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well.let's see,just pulled out my bottle of RainX that i use on the cars&vans.Says right on the container,DO NOT use on plastics unless approved by manufacturer.Also says will damage reflective and scratch resistant coatings. That's all i need. I'll stick with Slipstreamer,been using it for years. Is an excellent anti-fog too. '94SE

·
Registered
168 Posts
Plexis

I used rain-x on my first FJR. It turned the thing yellow. My face shield too.. Now nothing but Plexis.. No yellowing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Plexus is bit costly but worth it. Thats what I have alway's used on my ATV, snowmobile, and motorcycle windshields.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Honda cleaner/polish

I've been using the Honda Cleaner/Polish in the spray can for several years on all my bikes and windscreens. It cleans them great and puts a nice polish to them that's clear without any damage I've ever encountered. Great stuff!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts