Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all recommend for rain gear. I've looked at the Tourmaster and th Frogg Toggs. I'm leaning towards the Tourmaster. Any comments on this gear.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Frogg Toggs here Parman. Only had to use them once briefly. Fair weather riders don't ride alot, but when they do it's always sunny.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I have Frogg Toggs and they work for me. I've gotten wet from wicking in 7 hours of downpouring rain, but under most conditions they work fine. I've heard good things about Tourmaster as well. Buy what fits and is comfortable. Ride safe, especially in the rain...

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
You've got 1 here for Tourmaster Elite 3 two piece suits, Parman. I have 2 brothers & some friends who have Frogg Toggs & love them, BUT here comes the "but" they tell me that if you are in heavy rain & the water lays on you enough to form a small puddle it will soak through thus getting you wet. They love them because they are lightweight & breath well. Altough the Tourmasters are heavier both the little lady & I agree that they breath plenty. We have never had an issue of feeling "pasty" in them. The upside is if you have a chilly morning start they also are heavy enough that if you put on say the pants that it breaks the wind, makes for comfortable riding. Bought mine in 2004 & they have never failed me & still look great.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
i have nelson-rigg rain gear. got it two years ago, never used it. i usually get caught in a sprinkle and don't need my rain gear or in a down pour so its too late to put rain gear on

·
Registered
132 Posts
Another vote for Frog Toggs.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I bought mine off E bay three years ago,(Himalaya Motor Bike Wear),And we have Nelson Riggs boot wraps they have kept us dry,And we have been in a lot of rain.
My friends all have tried to save money by going to walmarts and they do not last,I think they are not desighned for all that wind from being on a bike.And they still get wet.
When it comes to rain gear I would get the best because Safty and comfort is the way to go

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have both froggs toggs and tourmaster. For the last 6 years when I get caught in the rain I reach for my frogg toggs. They are lighter and cooler and I like that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
+1 to Joe

I also have Frogg Togg and Tourmaster. Houston heat is brutal so I prefer the Frogg Toggs. They are light weight and easy to store on the bike.

I use the Tourmaster when I leave in the morning and know it is going to rain hard most of the day, as they are better in heavy rain.

Regards,

Don

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
OK guys, try not to snicker at this one, I've got a Helly Hanson 2 pc dept store rain suit. Works like a charm and only cost me $20. I had a Dryrider one pc years ago but the dang thing shrunk(?) over time (musta got caught in the rain once to often hehe). It was a great suit, but the one piece suits need to fit perfect in the riding position, not always good when walking around in.

·
Registered
201 Posts
OK guys, try not to snicker at this one, I've got a Helly Hanson 2 pc dept store rain suit. Works like a charm and only cost me $20. I had a Dryrider one pc years ago but the dang thing shrunk(?) over time (musta got caught in the rain once to often hehe). It was a great suit, but the one piece suits need to fit perfect in the riding position, not always good when walking around in.
Your Dryrider suite shrunk...sure it was'nt the many visits to your favorite restaurant "over time" LOL thats what my leathers did too, had to buy new ones last year, funny how that works hey, and even the sizing is different now for some reason,manufactures must be cutting back on material cause a Meduim use to fit now I need Large,whats going on here. :) :) :)

(its all in fun)

-Robert-

·
Registered
449 Posts
Frogg Toggs for both me and my better half. Only have used them a few times. They spend the rest of the time in the right saddlebag.

·
Registered
515 Posts
2 sets of frogg toggs here also, specifically the Road Toad model, has reflective piping on the sleeves and legs and stripe on the back. Bought my first set at the dealer, the second at Bass Pro and saved a few $$.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts