Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a friend (he has dropped off the edge of the earth. Booze) that had a I think an 05 ST. He told me that he ordered a "FACTORY" radio for his and took it to Indy and a dealer put it in for him. Total investment about $1200. He ordered the radio on line and said the shop in Indy was the only place that would put it in that he could find.
How true do you think this is? I ask because I never got to see it. He said it was done and soon he just quit coming to work and nobody could get a hold of him. Disappeared like a fart in the wind. Thanks for any input

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
Hmmm, Fart in the wind? Input? I'll just keep quiet.

;)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I hope it sounded good for 1200 plus dollars!!! I will install my own and Bank the $1200 towards a newer wing!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
There are a lot of "factories" that make radios. I guess I'm from Missouri when it comes to talk like that. Show me and I'll believe.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
No such thing as a factory radio for the ST1300. It does have a place for speakers in the dash area but not a factory radio.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like he was full of stuuuf! He said the US models dont have radios but the European models did and that is where he got the "factory" thing.
Yall have been a great help thanks for the input.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Why would anyone want a radio on an ST, mine sounds so gooooooood that is makes it own music!!! Besides, it is so fast that it would probably blow the stupid speaker off anyway!!!!! :eek:

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I searched high and low for a radio system for my ST. Ended up buying a BASS marine grade system on E-bay (controller, amp and speakers) for an I-pod type player. Cost me under $200. Mounted the speaker enclosures on the fairing in front of the existing speaker type grills on the shelter top, and the controller and amp in the left pocket. Sounded great, worked great, and the small marine speaker boxes were matte black and looked pretty good too.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I cant hear radios on a MC anyway. I have a really nice set up by JM on my bike and a full Shoei helmet wired by JM and I can't hear over the wind noise unless I have it on 14 vol. Which is to say my ears literally ring for 12 hours when I get off. Not worth it to me. I could hear it nicely at 50, but who rides at 50 ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Back when I got my 88 Wing I could hear a lot better.
After a Blast from an Air Horn, on a Fire Truck, my ears ring all the time.
I try to avoid loud noises as much as possible.
I just enjoy the sound of my ST 1100, with ear plugs in every time I ride.

Rusty

·
Registered
240 Posts
There was a Honda line radio for the ST 1300 when they first came out. This was an Euro option only. Honda did not bring them into the states. The guts of the radio went into the left fairing pocket and had controls on the left bar. From what I heard, the Euro radio would not work in the states due to the way our radio freq. are set up. There are spots in the dash for speakers. I have the boxes that I got from David Silver in the UK. At speed, you would not be able to hear it anyway. I just went with speakers in my helmet and had XM radio that went into my comm system. As posted, a good marine radio also worked.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
I cant hear radios on a MC anyway. I have a really nice set up by JM on my bike and a full Shoei helmet wired by JM and I can't hear over the wind noise unless I have it on 14 vol. Which is to say my ears literally ring for 12 hours when I get off. Not worth it to me. I could hear it nicely at 50, but who rides at 50 ?
Don't know if you use 'em but try some Winchester squishey type ear plugs at Walmart for about 2 bucks. They seem to really mute the wind noise but let the speaker sound through real easily. Without 'em I too have to crank the volume to 12 or above but with those little boogers in my ears, the radio volume is 5 to 7 and clear as a bell and I have a Shoei Neotec. Isaac

1 - 13 of 13 Posts