Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone im a newbie here. just bought my first goldwing. yeah its old but in beautiful shape. good stator. almost 15v at idle at battery.

anyone have any instructions on how to remove radio on an 84 aspencade. the radio doesnt even turn on.clock is working ok... any ideas would be helpful..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Seeing as I have about 5 times as many posts as you:D
Take this with a lot of doubt. On my '86 Aspencade, I use the key to "unlock" it and it just slides right out. Of course mine has the cassette player also---now where would I find any cassette tapes?---anyway, try it out. Mine has not been run in more than 6 years, nor does it have a battery in it. I have never ridden on this style of bike so I may be leading you wrong???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now ill feel dumb if thats what it takes....

anyone know how to splice in an after-market radio?.......everyone wants a fortune for used stock deck'

mine even has a cassete in it and i have 100's from the 70's and 80's

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
86GW1200 is right, the key should unlock the radio and it should pull straight out. It might even start working after you pull it out and reinstall it a couple times. The contacts just might be dirty.

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
There should be a fuse for the radio. The fuse panel is located on top of the air cleaner.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Actually the radio/casette fuse are under the left fairing pocket (you need to take the tray out to access them, about 8 Phillips screws if memory serves). The back-up supply is a 7.5a and the radio/cassette unit itself takes a 20a. They are each in a fuse holder on the right side towards you as you look at it from the seat. There is no information that I found as to removal of the radio head unit (?!*) in the service manual but the old Type III units on the left (1100A) of the fairing panels did come out with the ignition key. My 1200 was an Interstate so I had an aftermarket system on it; don't know about the 1200 Aspy radio from first hand, sorry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
key was the trick but re-installed 3 times no luck...

gonna check fuses tomorrow...... also the guy removed the air pump system and installed a fill valve for rear only. he tore out the front lines to forks and didnt plug the holes. When riding it "swooshes" air out those holes. any one know the 2 different size threads or bolts to plug the holes on the steering triple tree.. one size for the crossover line holes and the inlet hole is different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
didnt realize there is a seperate amp for the radio. Im thinking maybe thats bad instead since i have NO power at radio. I know where it is just need to know if key can be on acc position to check voltages.

Also does anyone know which connector and pin is power to the radio deck at amp.?

also which pin on the slide mechanism is power to the deck??

good ground or ground wire color?

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
The second and fourth posts tell you how.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts