Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having "sound issues" or audio problems. Sometimes the sound will just go away and then return after I hit a bump in the road. Sometimes it will work fine while parked and then later when I turn on the key to test it, it will not come on (speakers or headset). Pretty frustrating as the intercom goes as well.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Sounds like a ground, short or connection (plug) problem. I would take the covers off and check the connections. Is the bike still under warranty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I bought the bike used, so no warranty. It's a 2004. I can live w/o the radio, but really need the intercom and CB. The local dealer sent the radio to Panasonic and it tested just fine, so I'm guessing it is a wiring issue. I will keep working on it and maybe I will track it down....

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Could be a ground problem or a lot of times when the air filter gets changed some of the plugs don't get plugged in tight, You might take off the top shelter and check the connecters or wait until your next air filter change,

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would remove the cover and check to make sure and the connectors are made up good. If your going to remove the cover might as well change the air filter while your there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts