Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 01 1800 radio quit working, no sound comes from speakers
except when i first turn key on a pop. all knobs and switches seems to be working, no am,fm, or cb

·
Super Moderator
15,215 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF officeman, you didn't push the "mute" button by accident did you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same problem on my 2001 GL1800. I've tried everything but seems that radio is gone and needs to be replaced. I've ordered new unit on ebay and waiting for it to arrive. Have yu been able to resolve your problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
CB squelch?

A member of our local riding group came to dinner without his radio/CD/CD working and the official repair committee gathered around.

Turns out his CB squelch was all the way down, along with the CB volume. CB override clamped everything else down. Ran it up and everything worked.

I was interested in your comment about an eBay radio. I couldn't find such a source. Can you give me a link please?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The radio on my 1500 SE, stopped working after I connected the amp. that was installed to the on/off power wire on the wiring harness. The speakers will not play, however I am getting via the intercom.

I was pushing the mute, it came on for a moment, then died. I turned it on, on another occasion it played a moment, then quite.

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
Did you replaces fuses 21 and 22? They may also be labeled Audio/ACC and Battery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.