Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post. I have a 90 wing. while riding, fm radio sounded like speakers blew, got very noisey, no actual music could be understood . Replaced speakers, didn't change at all. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Just a thought. Do you have a CB radio on the bike. If you do and have it turned on with the squelch turned all the way to the left you might be loading the audio system with atmospheric noise from the CB.
Just an idea.

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
Is it possible a speaker wire is chaffed & rubbing on metal some where?

Did you try moving the volume up & down & does it sound scratchy when you do it? It could be the radio itself.

Oh..... Welcome to the forum!!!!

Mark

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
You could also take the radio off and clean all the plugs, with contact cleaner, after all these years thing could get pretty nasty.
Does the AM sound the same. If not the speaker are probably OK.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
If it does the same thing with the cassette player and you try different speakers than I would guess it's something in your radio unit or a broken wire leading out of the unit. Sierra electronics can fix it if it is the radio unit.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Agree with all the above. If it is the radio, they are quite easily removed and Sierra is very reliable, I have had good service from them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes
It may not help but it couldn't hurt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.