Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I finally got my older 1983 Goldwing up, running and purring…wow what a difference a little work can do to a bike…so…

It has the old am/fm radio set on the bottom left of the fairing. It says it is a communications system which I don’t understand or know how it works. My bike has a set of 4 round 2 inch gauges behind the speed and tach gagues mounted on the inside of the fairing.

I was thinking of putting a radio, am/fm cd and something that accepts an ipod. I am sure this isn’t a new idea…

Does anyone know of modification like this and where would I find something to hold a radio…or is there a way to make the radio on the wing that is installed adapt to a Ipod or such?

Any idea’s?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would think that you should look at a marine type radio. I know that they sell the frames that the radios mount to and then the marine equipment would be far better in any weather than a normal car type CD player.

·
Registered
65 Posts
jkgoldwing,
if your radio has casset you DO have an ipod ready radio. Get one of the cassets that has the wire on it, (like what was used years ago to play CD's in your tape deck) and plug your ipod into that. That is what I do. My son just bought one of those things at some store, came with a bunch of adapters for $9.
Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts