Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 Goldwing with a factory fader switch on the ignition switch cover. It has the Goldwing emblem on it and is a separate part that sticks up with the fader switch coming out the side. Its pretty well worn (paint) and I can't find this part anywhere. It has to be factory because of the wiring harness etc. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The 88 did not come with factory rear speakers, after market companies made rear speakers kit with fader controls. Can you take a better and closer picture?

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Just looking at your pic leads me to believe it's an after market item. Does not seem to be where Honda would have placed it if it was factory original OEM.. JMHO..

·
Registered
117 Posts
That location for the fader is factory. 88 and 89 had the fader in the ignition cover and it is an inconvinient location. In 88 and 89 there weren't different models eg SE Aspencade Interstate. The 88 and 89 models were loaded just like the later SE model. I've seen these fader housings on ebay but you have to catch them. I'll look around and see what I can drum up. does your fader work at all?? The plastic parts can be painted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 89. The fader works fine. The paint on the switch housing is kinda funky gray and worn off on all the edges. I believe the big part is bison brown? Its like that lumpy paint, looks like leather. If I could get some of that, I'd spray the worn gray part the same color. It would look better. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Check with a local automotive paint store and see if they can match your color. The plastics are molded with that leather look or whatever it is. Like I said you might get lucky and find one in good shape on ebay or maybe craigslist. The good thing about our year model wings is there's very little that's not interchangeable up to the 00 model.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That was a Hondaline accessory just like the CB for 88, 89, and 90 models, none of which came with rear speakers or CB.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just thought I'd throw this out there. Matching the color AND texture is a trip. Try this. Get wrinkle paint, only one I could find was black. No problem. Use according to directions. If the wrinkles are too big, sand lightly to knock off the high spots. Make sure it's dry first. Then LIGHTLY spray you're color. Too dull? Light clear coat. Voila! The grain on the rest of the plastics is molded. This gets around that. Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts