Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much antifeeze should i put in my 1983 1100 Interstate, i bought silicate free antifreeze and am doing a 50/50 mixture and want to know how much fluid i need to put in, also my reserve tank is full and my radiator is empty and i was wondering if its supposed to drain through

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
If you have the system completely drained, it should take just under 2 litres of coolant to fill. If your rad is empty but the reserve tank is full, there's an air lock somewhere. The rad cap, reserve bottle cap and the rad drain plug 'and' the cylinder drain plugs to completely drain the system. Then replace all the plugs and fill the system again through the rad cap (not the reserve bottle). To bleed the air out of the system start the bike and run it with the rad cap loose; should take about 1.8 litres (just under 1/2 US gal). To top upthe system (if required) then add to the reserve bottle if there is coolant visible in it, if not keep filling the radiator until the reserve bottle shows at least some a/f. You might have to run the bike a couple times to get the air out and the level right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts