Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't stand loud motor cycles at all. I have to replace the exhaust on my 1990 1500. Are there any after markets that are as quiet as factory but doesn't break the bank?

·
Premium Member
16,738 Posts
If you can find a shop that does trike conversion they may have some. I was lucky a few years ago to find a guy that put more throatier sounding muffles on his low mileage 1500, still had to pay $100.00 each.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
there is a guy on steve saunders forum that use road king mufflers on his 1500 wing,. rk mufflers have been used on 1200 wings, 1100, wings, and 1000 wings also

·
Premium Member
16,738 Posts
there is a guy on steve saunders forum that use road king mufflers on his 1500 wing,. rk mufflers have been used on 1200 wings, 1100, wings, and 1000 wings also
A friend from Abbotsford, British Columbia had Stock Harley mufflers on his 1500 several years ago. They sounded a little throatier then the stock pipes. Not terrible but some louder.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
A friend from Abbotsford, British Columbia had Stock Harley mufflers on his 1500 several years ago. They sounded a little throatier then the stock pipes. Not terrible but some louder.
my nephew had stock rk mufflers on his 1000 wing and at idle it was a little louder but there wasn't much difference while riding plus you can find guys selling rk mufflers for as low as $35 for the pair

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to shop today that I purchased the Wing from to pick up a .39 cent cover that cost 9.18 and asked about new factory mufflers. Ready for this 1250.00 less 15% holey you know what! But as I was standing there talking about mufflers a guy came in with a 90 that had added after market turn down mufflers to his this year. So I asked How loud are they, You judge for yourself so we went out and he had me sit down and start his up. WOW! QUIETER THAN MINE. 319.00 out the door with tax Ordered done in Monday and on on Monday and a new friend Cool. Next riding gear. :D

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
the exhaust on my 1500 is stating to go bad from the inside. most people don't notice but its louder to me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts