Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Concerns after starting the bike for the first time after winter. The bike started, but I am linking gas out the over flow hose under bike. What would cause this to happen and how do I fix it? P.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
What year bike? Did you take off the gas cap and put it back on? Pressure build up in the tank?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike I own is a GL1500 SE year 2000. I did try and take the gas cap off and it did release the pressure. As soon as the bike is started it begins to lose gas out the over flow. Any other suggestions? Thank you

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome crump47. You haven't mentioned what the engine is running like.Is it rough,and loading up,maybe some black smoke from exhaust? I Believe you have a stuck needle,as in needle and seat in one or both carbs.,and the fuel is overflowing from the carb. vents.and into the overflow system. Try a can of Seafoam into the tank,let the engine run a minute to get the mixture into the carbs. Then let the bike sit a couple days to let this stuff work on the gelled gas holding the needle(s) open,then try'er again. Hoping you won't have to get the carbs. off the thing.Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
you mayhave a float stuck too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts