Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very quick camera test. I have a few more mounting positions to play with, but it will have to wait until day light.
This night ride is with the LED fog lamps turned on.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Dougie, the camera test worked, but I'm interested in the lights. What brand did you mount? I know your riding the 2012, are the lights in the lower cowl? would be interested in pics...as I understand it the available hondaline lights are "round" but mounted behind the "square" cutouts.:confused:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are mounted in the lower cowl. Hondaline LED.
Round lights in a square hole. They actually sit behind the cowl a little bit. The front of the light is behind the edge of the cowl.

By dougiep2010 at 2011-07-14

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Looks good, I'd like to add something like that to my '93 Gl1500.
Will have to talk dealer.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thanks, wasn't sure how it would look when described by the dealer, definately not as bad as it sounded.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Camera test worked for me. If I can clearly see the night ride I should have no problems with the day. Good definition.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Latest video.
This is through a very nice national park in my home town.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Great video. Where did you get that helmet that looks like skin??? LOL...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks.
I have shaved my head for over 15 years now. Did it on a whim once and I liked the look.
bad habit I know, but if I am staying in town I usually wont wear a helmet.
Oklahoma doesn't have a helmet law.
If I leave the city limits I will put on the helmet, jacket, and gloves regardless of how hot it is.
Small town America. 8,000 people, 2 traffic signals.
Did just have 1. But when the new Walmart went up we got another.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Don't know if I would like living in Oklahoma, but I would like to live in a small town with 8k people, a Walmart and 2 stoplights. Ride safe and enjoy that new camera. Hope we see more video of your trips...

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Whats the matter two wheel, to hot for ya in okie land?

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I don't know if there is anywhere that isn't too hot these days...

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
No not the heat, the size. My kind of place.. Quiet Everybody knows everybody..

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
What kind of camera and mount are you using, and where do you have it mounted?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What kind of camera and mount are you using, and where do you have it mounted?
Camera is a Tachyon XC. Will handle 640x480 at 30fps.
Price was right when I bought it. Will look into a higher resolution, 60fps camera one of these days.
It is mounted with velcro on the passenger arm rest. Arm rest is swung out as far as it goes and secured back with duck tape to keep it from bouncing around too much.

It will also mount on the front or rear crash bars, or stuck onto my helmet. Need to mount it tucked behind the windshield to reduce all the wind noise.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Camera looks like it's fine. Lights look good too, but do the tabs on the cowl come off any better tha the round ones do? Not all that happy with the way mine trimmed out, even with a dremmell.
Two Wheel, we have 2 lights, no Wally, and 3k peeps. Life is good, even if the younger set has to learn to make their own 'clean' fun. No, it's not really that small, pretty large drawing area.:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Camera looks like it's fine. Lights look good too, but do the tabs on the cowl come off any better tha the round ones do? Not all that happy with the way mine trimmed out, even with a dremmell.
Two Wheel, we have 2 lights, no Wally, and 3k peeps. Life is good, even if the younger set has to learn to make their own 'clean' fun. No, it's not really that small, pretty large drawing area.:D
They trimmed out fine, no concerns at all.

And I completely agree with the joy of living in small town America. No traffic, everybody knows everybody and looks out for each other.
I knew I had found a home when after being here for a week, the local lumber yard delivered lumber to my house with nothing more than a hand shake and a promise that I would take care of the bill once I was done. :). You just don't see that anymore.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nice videos. What program are you using to edit? I just bought a GoPro and don't know how to edit the raw footage.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Using Windows Live Movie Maker. Does everything you need for simple video editing. Captions, titles, insert music, etc..

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I just had my first ride on the back of a 2012 Goldwing. That camera position works for me. Having the rider and the bike in the frame gives a nice reference point and immediacy to the viewer. Nothing like a little breeze on one's cheeks and the wind ruffling your scalp. Don't ask me how I know this feeling because it's " Hair Apparent ".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts