Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First question, I have a slide under cycle lift that will pick up 1500 lbs, it is safe on the Wing and where is the best place to lift it? I understand the balance point but it this okay?
Second it was tuned up at 20000 miles it had 33500. Would you do it again now? It smelled to me like it is running rich but that may be from sitting all winter and old gas. The air cleaner was replaced today.
Third it has synthetic oil- I'm not a fan but are many of you running it?
Forth where is the best internet place for parts?
Fifth Have a name of the northern Ohio club?
More to come hope you don't mind and thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
776 Posts
Check my last post on your link 'tips for riding a wing'. Your welcome to come out and meet us here in Medina. Send me a private message with an e-mail address and I'll forward you last month's newsletter and this month's up coming newsletter. Makes it hard to finish a newsletter when I'm playing around on forums! LOL

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
It smelled to me like it is running rich but that may be from sitting all winter and old gas.

Try running some Seafoam in the gas since it sat up.

I run Amsoil synthetic in mine and some others are running various synthetics and we all seem to be happy with our choice.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
First question, I have a slide under cycle lift that will pick up 1500 lbs, it is safe on the Wing and where is the best place to lift it? I understand the balance point but it this okay?
Second it was tuned up at 20000 miles it had 33500. Would you do it again now? It smelled to me like it is running rich but that may be from sitting all winter and old gas. The air cleaner was replaced today.

1. Place the lift under the foot pegs and make sure it is balanced properly. Yes It is ok to left the wing here.

2. I would not do another tune up. Run some seafoam in a tank or two of gas.

3. I am not a fan of synthetic oil either. You will get a lot of different answers to this question. I have seen oil topics go on for days on a forum. I use Rottella T 15W40 in mine.

4. www.cyclemax.com www.wingstuf.com are the two I use the most. Both are very good in service and fast shipping.

5. ????? Sorry can't help on this one.

·
Premium Member
17,042 Posts
1. Yes on the lift, you'll have find your balance point.
2.No on the tune up
3. Run a couple tanks of Sea Foam mix through it, see if that helps.
4. Been running Rotella -T for close 100,000 miles
5. Look into the GWRRA or GWTA for riding buds

·
Registered
382 Posts
1. the support toward the front goes under the hinge area of the center stand. I can't remember where that puts the other support. Mine is a cheapo habor freight but works great.
2. I have 45K and have never did a full tune up yet (spark plugs, valve check, etc. I have changed my air filter though. You might want to reset the emc if you didn't do so after changing the air filter.
3. I loves my Mobile 1 10W40 (non energy conserving for wet clutches). I am not talking about the $10 per quart motorcycle stuff. I am talking about the $27 for a 5 gal jug stuff at Wally World. The Shell Rotella 5W40 full syn. in the blue gallon jug for about $19 is good too and they have recently added the jamo motorcycle certification, but I like the Mobile I better.
4. I use directlineparts.com, very good to deal with have tons of Goldwing stuff. Also a very good one is wingstuff.com.
5. Don't know.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another question? My wife has Fibro Myalgia so traveling can be very hard for us. In the motor home I can count on her being asleep in a few minutes after we take off. If she can put her head back she does much better in the car or bike. So here is the crux of my question, Is there any head rests for the passenger available the the wings?

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
Another question? My wife has Fibro Myalgia so traveling can be very hard for us. In the motor home I can count on her being asleep in a few minutes after we take off. If she can put her head back she does much better in the car or bike. So here is the crux of my question, Is there any head rests for the passenger available for the wings?
Never " seen " one. Maybe it's time we have. They sell a rear airfoil , at least for the 1800 , and I can envision something like this with a padded rest attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another one? Where can I get an upgraded stereo with MP3 and blue tooth that will fit a 1990?

·
Premium Member
17,042 Posts
As far as the head rest goes, Give Utopia Back Rest a call. Pretty sure they don't make one BUT, it is something they might be interested in. I like the idea.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have an idea for one. I'm going to use the same extented back rest that I have on the front seat and fabricate some posts to attach to the luggage rack on 2 upright posts and a third leg for support that will go back on an angle to the side frame. The third leg will have one of the aluminum adjusters in for front to back movement. The other 2 legs will be inserted into a swival the will camp onto the upright bars. The luggage rack seems pretty sturdy and there won't be all that much weight on the rest. I think it will work!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Upgrade maybe not, and I don't know if an Interstate radio would be plug & play. The Interstate models had a jack inside the left fairing pocket that I could plug in my mp3, cd player and whatever had that 1/8" jack. The SE and Apencade did not have that jack installed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts