Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like any feedback concerning Wing max average miles these tires will run. I realize folks have different riding styles, weights, etc...I just need some idea. (Last time I travelled cross country I got hosed when I had to replace my tires.) Always like to have at least 6-8 thousand miles of rubber before I leave home. (Last trip was 5,800+miles.)

Went to the Dunlop site and it states that E3's support over 900lbs? The Wing weight almost that much unloaded, when I load all my gear and myself (300lbs) I'm well over 1400 lbs.

Radials or Bias? I would like to buy the type tire that last the longest for cross county, mostly super-slab touring.
Thanks.
T-Rex

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
What year is your Wing? (1000/1100/1200/1500/1800)???

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Would like any feedback concerning Wing max average miles these tires will run. I realize folks have different riding styles, weights, etc...I just need some idea. (Last time I travelled cross country I got hosed when I had to replace my tires.) Always like to have at least 6-8 thousand miles of rubber before I leave home. (Last trip was 5,800+miles.)

Went to the Dunlop site and it states that E3's support over 900lbs? The Wing weight almost that much unloaded, when I load all my gear and myself (300lbs) I'm well over 1400 lbs.

Radials or Bias? I would like to buy the type tire that last the longest for cross county, mostly super-slab touring.
Thanks.
T-Rex
Look into a car tire for the rear. Higher load rating, optional " Run Flat ", smoother ride for the passenger.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
On my 1500 I've been getting at least 18000 on E-3. Ride the slabs and the twisties. Between the wife and I we go about 350 lbs total.
Ron

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re Tire Feedback: I bought a 2010 Goldwing in December 2010. I currently have over 3,700 miles on rubber. I'm planning at least 1500 to 2000 miles worth of travel before I take off on a six week ride in May-June 2011...this ride will cover about 5 to 6 thousand miles.

Don't really want to go to the "dark side" yet. If OEM Dunlops will give me at least 12 to 15 thousand miles that's the route I'll go.

Ethanol? With the gas price increases I just started using Plus instead of Premium. Really don't want to use regular unless there's nothing else available.

Love the Wing,
Thanks for the Feedback.
T-Rex

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Don't really want to go to the "dark side" yet. If OEM Dunlops will give me at least 12 to 15 thousand miles that's the route I'll go.
Love the Wing,
Thanks for the Feedback.
T-Rex
I'm not an official proponent of a car tire, yet. Any tire that isn't flat or too bald to hold the road is a good enough tire for the moment.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
T-Rex,

Much like Ron I personally have had very good luck with E3's. I put a new set on before went cross country last year, put 9K+ on & they still have another 5 or 6 in them easily. Proper tire managment is the key for longevity. Now conversely there are a lot of guys that rave about Bridgestones, Metzlers & Avons. There are plenty of choices. Good Luck & ride safe.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Ethanol? With the gas price increases I just started using Plus instead of Premium. Really don't want to use regular unless there's nothing else available.

Rex[/QUOTE]

T-Rex, you are throwing money away. Unless you change the timeing on an engine it burns the octane to which it is timed. If it is timed to burn 87 octane then that is all it will burn. In the old days we used premium because it had more additives in it but not so in todays fuel.

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
T-Rex,

Much like Ron I personally have had very good luck with E3's. I put a new set on before went cross country last year, put 9K+ on & they still have another 5 or 6 in them easily. Proper tire managment is the key for longevity. Now conversely there are a lot of guys that rave about Bridgestones, Metzlers & Avons. There are plenty of choices. Good Luck & ride safe.
Are you running bias-ply or radials Mr. F. ?

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Well Mr T. is running a radial. Different donuts. Yours are jelly filled.
Do you have a point your trying to make?

I pity the fool who ........

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
OHHHH! I think I see what your motive is now. Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya

T-Rex my apologies for this nonsense. I have great luck with E3's but I encourage you to look at Bridgestones & Avons as well. They are getting great reviews.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Quickerly? may I quote you on that?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts