Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Just noticed something on my 08 Goldwing, There is a little square spring hinged type door on the right side under the valve cover close to the brake pedal, What is that for mine is open and will not close

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Just noticed something on my 08 Goldwing, There is a little square spring hinged type door on the right side under the valve cover close to the brake pedal, What is that for mine is open and will not close
Just noticed there is one on the other side smaller Did not see it the first time

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Sounds like the toe warmers to me. Look on the top of the fairing just above the left side storage pocket. There should be a lever that says Open Close. Try moving the lever to the closed position and see what happens.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Foot heaters. the control is under the left front speaker and it says open and closed. Directs engine heat onto your toes. it actually helps.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I did not know I had that Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
This bike is a discovery a minute. I don't want to know it all at once and kill the excitement of discovery.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sometimes discovery before you ride is good. One time I purchased a new sport auto and I had to stop along the road at dusk and read the manual to find the headlight switch. Another time I had a flat in a very bad neigborhood, had to use the manual again to learn how unlock the wheel lugs. Lesson learned. Sometimes reading the Owners Manual before you ride is good thing!

I wonder how many of those poor Toyota drivers new that to stop the engine of their runaway auto they needed to hold the start button for 3 seconds? It was in the Owners Manulal!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two good points Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts