Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and thanks for all the help on this forum although you dont know it, ive been "around" a little while doing homework. On september 5th I purchased a new 12 wing, i just love this bike. Came from sport touring world, was a little concerened about everyday riding becasue of the size of the wing, but I quickly learned that i was wrong, this bike is a dream to ride and handles equally if not better than the sport tourer I owned for 7 years prior.
Here is my question: I did not receive anything from my dealer except for the receipt for the bike. Does the dealer or Honda typically send something like a warranty card?, expecially since I purchased my bike from a dealer 300 miles away and dont expect to use them for service. Other brands i have bought new i have received a "welcome package" so to speak. You comments would be appreciated.
Thank YOu-Polarnut

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Good morning and welcome!

There is no warranty card, Mother Honda knows all about you. So where ever you go, they will know your Wing is under warranty for 3 years from purchase with unlimited mileage. You will get a years worth of the Honda magazine & be in their club, I forgot what it was called.... Budoka? help me out here....

Post a pic or two when you get a chance.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
hello polarnut, welcome to GWOF. mother honda has all your info in their computer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks You!

Thank You Winginit and detdrbuzzard for your response, very much appreciated. :)

Attached a pic, 2500 Mi. to date, but dam its cold out there this AM-23deg. only one add on to date, the passenger risers, my gal is short, and she loves these!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
My wife is long leged so I added Passenger fold out pegs which attach under the floor boards and provide about a five inch forward leg movement , she loves these.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Welcome to the forum......Nice looking wing you have there and it is the fastest color too.

Enjoy you ride but remember RIDE SAFE ALWAYS !!!

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the 2012 Wing.
The marketing department at the dealership should send a Thank You to you and maybe a gift card or certificate good towards the purchase of a part or accessories. They may also send one on your birthday or Christmas.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Wing.Hope you have many happy miles.

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
Welcome Polarnut. Like mentioned, the warranty is registered electronically by the dealership you bought from. Not sure about American Honda, but Honda Canada does what they call a N.M.O.I. (new m/c owner interview) over the phone to new buyers. Its how they rate us dealers and our selling procedures and how happy our customers are with the way they got treated. Honda used to provide a warranty booklet with each unit, but they've quit printing them for about 2 years now:confused:.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Congratulations on your new bike and welcome to GWOF.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.