Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
It should, unless the unit went bad. I remember a gentleman have a 94 GL-1500I trike and the signals canceled.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turn signals

My owner's manual is vague regarding this. It says that it will cancel and the turn light will turn off..... but only on the SE model.

Mine has not self canceled since I have gotten it. I am used to canceling the signals myself but....

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
I have an Aspencade and they kinda/sorta self cancel. I cannot see why you cannot wire one in. I'm without my service manuals and schematics and so I am without information.
I do remember his would cancel, the previous owner could have wired one in. It's like the seat on my Aspencade the previous owner took one off an SE and it has a rain cover.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
The turn signal cancelling unit is behind the lower left fairing panel. There is a bunch of trouble shooting steps to check out there, and there are also some signal relays in the trunk to check continuity as well. Section 19 pg 25-26 of the service manual. PM me if you don't have one and I can e-mail you the pages.

·
Registered
793 Posts
My turn signals on my Interstate have never self canceled and I bought it with less than 16,000 miles on it. To my knowledge the Interstate did not have them installed

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talked to the original owner

I just talked to the original owner and he said it did not come with self canceling turn signals.

Sorry about the unnecessary question.

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
That means the previous owner of the trike I mentioned put one on the bike himself possibly because he had additional turn signals on the trike kit.
Hey, it's a good question it got us all thinking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts