Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I am seriously considering in purchasing the GL1800 Accessories Pakit Rak for GL1800 Without An Existing Trailer Hitch

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/29386_GL1800_Accessories_Pakit_Rak_for_GL1800_Without/

What i would like to know is, is there anyone out there that has this and do you need to put down pipes so that the exhaust does not melt the bag like i have been reading on some comments . I would like to keep my original pipes and possibly later buy a set of Cobra Mufflers which have a straight ends as well. I dont want to put a trailer hitch and this is perfect for what i want when i go on long trips.
Thanks for any imput

·
Registered
32 Posts
hope you get a reply soon as i just installed this on my 1800 and dont have tur[ ned downs [ bought the one that attaches to the trailer hitch that i also installed

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,439 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link fossil, it looks like you have straight pipes on and hopefully there is no melting issue. What i did notice and i didnt think before was that i will need a rear mudflap for when it rains so i wont get all that muck thrown back from the rear wheel.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts