Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some opinions...

Before getting my '07 Goldwing early last fall, I rode a Suzuki Boulevard Cruiser. REALLY nice bike and had driver footboards and a heel/toe shifter that I came to enjoy. I think I'd like to have that on my Goldwing. I'm considering the Kuryakyn footboards and heel/toe shifter. I see that there is always a used set for sale which leads me to wonder if people are trying them and finding they don't like them. I've also heard that it's difficult to get your toe underneath the shifter in the event you want to shift toe only. Also, the pics on the Kuryakyn website don't do a good job of showing just how their shifter links up to what's on the bike. The post exiting the transmission case and on which the stock shifter is fastened is way forward of the footboards so I'm presuming the linkage must be complicated. Is this right and if so, is it dependable?

If you have or had one, I'd appreciate your opinions.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Chrome was already blistered on the bottom of a set I bought!
Being 6'2"s w/a 32" inseam my legs are bent rearward at the knees. Putting on the boards "straightened" up my feet and my ankles started aching in a short time.
Off they came!
Now I've triked and use the weight bearing foot farings for my feet. Very comfy and can move my feet around.

·
Premium Member
24,145 Posts
A Wing is not a " Cruiser ". Leg position is already almost 90 deg. on the stock pegs. You won't have ankle pivot ability and if you lean aggressively you might want some skid pads on the bottom ( I hear Titanium will make the sparks fly ). That being said, some like them, some don't. Won't know until you try, I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,426 Posts
I've had mine since last year , I hated not having them , I have to say it was different at first but after like 2 hrs riding I wouldn't give them up for nothing now

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
I've heard the same thing about the tranny issue. However, I have the boards and h/t on my bike and wouldn't be without them. Never an issue on any Wing I've had with the tranny, and we've had none in our shop with damage either.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Absolutely Pinned mine so they would not fold up on lay down as it seemed to me that was a good way to crush an ankle.
:eek: Just an opinion:
1. Can almost guarantee, if you lay the bike over far enough really fold 'em up, you foot will not be on the board!
2. Hope you never lean over far enough to drag a board. With them pinned, they will become the third "leg" of a tripod and most likely cause the rear tire and/or the front tire to loose traction, at which time my theory in statement 1 ,about foot position, will become a proven fact!
Ride Safe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts