Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a 1989 GW and it seems that Honda stuck with that style with few, if any, cosmetic changes through the 2000 model year, switching in 2001 with the advent of the GL1800. Is that correct? I guess that's why my '89 looks fresher than one might think it should.

Thanks,
Greg

P.S. Plucked a piece or two of tupperware off the GW and saw Made in the USA proudly stamped on the inside. I know GW's were assembled in the US in Ohio, but didn't realize that a number of parts were also made here.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I picked up a 1989 GW and it seems that Honda stuck with that style with few, if any, cosmetic changes through the 2000 model year, switching in 2001 with the advent of the GL1800. Is that correct? I guess that's why my '89 looks fresher than one might think it should.
Yes, that is correct

Thanks,
Greg

P.S. Plucked a piece or two of tupperware off the GW and saw Made in the USA proudly stamped on the inside. I know GW's were assembled in the US in Ohio, but didn't realize that a number of parts were also made here.
At the time I bought my 2000SE, I was told there were only 4 parts that were imported on that bike. All others were manufactured by US suppliers. That's one of the reasons I bought the Wing instead of a Harley!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the time I bought my 2000SE, I was told there were only 4 parts that were imported on that bike. All others were manufactured by US suppliers. That's one of the reasons I bought the Wing instead of a Harley!
Thanks for your reply. Being Made in the USA was a major factor in my purchase decision for the 2 VTX's I used to have. Too bad Honda moved production back to Japan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts