Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a down payment on a 2007 goldwing with comfort/navi package..The dealer showed me the bike and it has no CB with it..Did a Cb come withthe package or did the first ownr take it out possible? Bike has 900 miles and dealer asking $1750,00..

Also does the intercom work with out the CB radio?.. Thank you for any responses in advace! JIM

·
Administrator
15,296 Posts
I'm sure it did not come with a cb. They are aftermarket although when I negotiated the price of my 2010 I had that added in. They are nice if you ride in a group.

Yes the intercom will work with or without the cb.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
OK firstly I think there's an error on the price you posted. No, as crownfire mentions the CB was not a part of the package, but a dealer installed optional accessory. The intercom operates without the CB if none is installed, but will totally integrate so the the CB and intercom will work together through the i/c headsets. Each can be either headset or bike speaker audible or both. CB uses the PTT switch on the handlebar to send.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Agreed. A CB was not standard equipment on the GL 1800 since ?????? Correct me 1800 CB riders, but did not the CB fit in the trunk cavity compartment ?

·
Administrator
15,296 Posts
Thanks..yes price was $1750.00
1750! Then I will be there tomorrow offering $2000. Gotta be $17,500. If not you got more than a good deal. It's stolen.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Not trying to dampen your joy here.
$17,500 for an 07 seems extreme to me! Is that the "Out the door" price?
A new 2012 base model can be bought for approx. $4,000 off MSRP (around $19,000)
I have an 06 w/Nav and comfort. Those options are nearly useless, except for the heated grips and certainly not worth any where near the cost charged for them.
YMMV.
I considered the Nav an insult to my intelligence, after thinking an on board Nav would be great. It is a glorified road map! By the time you get done programing in a route and doing the via's to get the route you want, you have memorized the info and don't need the Nav anyway! Nav updates, if/when available from Garmin are grossly overpriced! A bar mounted Zumo is much better and a lot cheaper!
If you buy this bike or another without the CB, check out the GL2way as a better alternative to the OEM CB.
I-com is standard-however head sets are not! J&M Elites are good ones.

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
Nav updates, if/when available from Garmin are grossly overpriced! .
I have a Garmin with lifetime updates for free and I find them to be very accurate and easy to install. Updates are available about 2 times a year. I update mine once a year in the spring..:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man , I can't believe I typed the price wrong twice LOL..Oh well... Yes its $17,500 and with tax etc. here in Pa its like 18,500.. I love a 2012 with for 19,900 even but can't seem to find any around here...I'll keep l;ooking..Thank you all again on the advice.. especially on the price, Cb and head sets! Much appreciated... JIM

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Man, I was ready to book a plane ticket! But I new that price was too good to be true.:rolleyes: an '07 should be had for around $15k I think

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
Man , I can't believe I typed the price wrong twice LOL..Oh well... Yes its $17,500 and with tax etc. here in Pa its like 18,500.. I love a 2012 with for 19,900 even but can't seem to find any around here...I'll keep l;ooking..Thank you all again on the advice.. especially on the price, Cb and head sets! Much appreciated... JIM
Check the web for some dealers in SC, NC, KY and TN. They have the best deals. You can see them on eBay also...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm like some here. I also have the factory nav and wouldn't spend the money again. I would install an after market. More user friendly and more up to date.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts