Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing a clutch master cyclinder over haul ,i had air in system so bled the system , that was easy ,so here is my question , When clutch is pulled in the engine noise changes ., is this the manner of the beast .??? or am i looking at gear box issues or new clutch .?? as i have never ridden the honda much , more used to german machines and there thumps and bangs ,lol am i just not used to the wings own little noises .??? Any advice would be great .Thankyou for the help in advance , not many wing owners over here , :confused:

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Who are you calling old joey?:D I have a 1500 and have'nt noticed any change in sound when the clutch is depressed, I'm sure you'll get some other opinions, especialy about the old gold wingers part:eek:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome from Florida Joey. Yes,mine changes also. If things get louder i will be concerned. Keep in mind,there are a lot of things rotating in there even in neutral.Mine has 119k on it,what's the odometer say on yours? I'm over 50,so i guess that's old?
'94SE,1st Wing,owned for 3yrs.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Why do you have to be OLD to own a wing and be on this site......:(

Heck I'm 50 something young!:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys , just as i thought ,so many working parts , Have been only used to listening to a boxer engine , flat twin , but the straight 6 is growing on me . Bike is 91 with just over 50k on the clock , i have all receipts to prove mileage . As for old ,only 46 but feel nearer 60 each morning i get up . Thanks for the reassurance guys , heres to many more miles of fun .

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome from Canada joey. I have a 91 Aspy with 160k km's and I do notice a slight noise when in neutral and pulling in the clutch. It kinda sounds like you would expect it to, if that makes any sense :).
No worries.
Strat

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
On my 93 it makes a sound when the bike is in neutral, pull the lever and it stops. It seems normal to me.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Joey, there is a very faint kind of gear noise in my 1800 when in neutral. Squeezing the clutch in seems to lessen it. I didn't use a stethoscope to check it, just my ear down close to the trans. Unless you start hearing something real loud or nasty, I wouldn't worry. BTW I bought my first Wing when I was 27, 1984 GL1200I, ye can do the math.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This sounds like a common noise for the Wing , many thanks for the advice and help .Will have more questions i am sure .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts