Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, like many of you, bought luggage bags that are supposed to fit inside the saddlebags. I have no issue with the bag for the trunk as it fits perfectly. However, the saddlebag luggage just fits the left saddlebag and is completely wrong for the right. The base of the saddlebag on the right side is much narrower than the left one and why the bags aren't matched to that, other than ease of manufacture, makes no sense to me. The luggage is reinforced at the bottom corners and this puts some rigidity where it isn't needed when you're trying to put the packed bag into the saddlebag. Guess that no one thought that a soft duffle style bag would allow for more flexibility when you're actually putting the luggage inside the bike.

Anyone found a set of luggage that fits the saddlebags, both right and left sides, perfectly?

·
Super Moderator
28,515 Posts
Rapier

Is this the set you have??? If not you may want to look at them.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rapier

Is this the set you have??? If not you may want to look at them.

(link removed)
Yeah, those look a lot better at being able to conform to the inside of the saddlebags than my set does. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Got mine at wingstuff as well. Got the mats and the luggage as a set. I can get a ton of stuff inside the side bags but then they will not fit. I think I could honestly get more in side if I didnt use a bag at all. 1800 has very little space at all. More than 3 days with 2 up and you would need a laundry mat or a trailer :D I just cant do a trailer yet

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I kept the set I got with my GL1500 and they seem to work fine on the 1800.

·
Super Moderator
28,515 Posts
More than 3 days with 2 up and you would need a laundry mat or a trailer :D I just cant do a trailer yet
Steve you need this setup. Works great. Plenty of extra room, get to the hotel, pull the hitch pin & take it to the room.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,950 Posts
It looks like I'll stay with a 1500, no problems with space.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
The bag on my rack is from www.aerostitch.com, it is incredible.
Huge, Waterproof, Hi-Viz and the Chicks dig it.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Okay, here go'es: I'm not a real big HD fan, but I did get the ideal, my opinion, saddlebag liners for about $55.00 from a local HD dealer. Check them out! They fit well. I can load a weeks (5 days) worth of clothers (socks, tees, and drawers) plus a few extras in one bag and it fits with no problem, Plus the liner of my Olympia Motorcycle Jacket can be placed in the saddlebag cover and closed without problem. Good luck with your search for the ideal bags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts