Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just god a new eye exam and got my new prescription.
I bought a pair of Oakley shades and a pair of Willy WX-1 shades. Both of them are polarized. Well I got the first pair today ( Willy X ) and when riding home, my windshield is a big RAINBOW!!

Does anyone else with a stock gl1800 windshield ride with polarized sunglasses?
I am thinking I may need to buy a new windshield as I can not see colors correctly thru the stock wind screen.
It was the strangest thing I ever saw. I mean the WHOLE thing was a very colorful multi-colored rainbow. Almost like looking thru a prism!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Mine too but I have a pair of the new Transisions polerized with an abber tint. I sure can see better with them. Clear sharp detail and relaxing to wear. No eye strain. On the negitive side I do see a rainbow on the windschield and my digital readout dash as well as the gps are a bit harder to see. Great on a foggy morning.

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
I just told ( asked ) Mz. Vickie yesterday that my next set of glasses will be polarized and transition. I have a cheap clip-on / flip-up dark overlay, I get the prism effect also.

·
Super Moderator
7,660 Posts
Yes, I get the same thing with the memphis shades windshield and gauge cluster window and I wear over the glasses sunglasses and the sunglasses are polarized.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I am glad it's not just me then. This is my first ever polarized glasses and I thought for a minute there, I screwed up and bought $500 worth of glasses I can't use!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Don't feel bad Buzzy, I thought I had completely wrecked my windshield when I posted that. Hadn't used anything on it that could have caused the prism effect so I was very rilieved when I found out about the polarization. Means I have two pair of really good sunglasses I don't ride with anymore though. Miss my Serengetti's something fierce.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't feel bad Buzzy, I thought I had completely wrecked my windshield when I posted that. Hadn't used anything on it that could have caused the prism effect so I was very rilieved when I found out about the polarization. Means I have two pair of really good sunglasses I don't ride with anymore though. Miss my Serengetti's something fierce.
Don't let it bother you. All I have a prescription polarized Okley's and Willie-X.
It doesn't bother me any more and I don't really pay attention to the colors any more.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I never noticed it on the ST since I was always looking way over the screen. But the windshield on my Vulcan didn't have the prismatic colour aray. Things that make you go hmmmm.:confused:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Well.... do you remember the picture I took that you pointed out as having been taken with a polarizer because you could see my rainbow windshield in the picture??? Same thang :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts