Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fairing pocket contains: holed rubber plug, smaller solid rubber plug, aux wire, and two white 3/8" plastic washers.

I installed the aux cable, no prob. What are the 2 washers and the smaller plug for?

Thanks
z

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi I just looked in my 2012 Ls pocket
I only see one Plug toward the front one small hole in the back and two plastic tabs sticking up I do not see any washers that you mention
I am trying to attach a photo so we can compare. Does your Wing have nav abs etc?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Attachments

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
When you get a new wing the salesperson usually installs the aux audio wire/plug in left fairing pocket. It is unistalled in a plastic bag in pocket. He didn't and no big deal.
Now I admit I am installing a few accessories - EC 6 shooter fog lights, Honda 12v plug for the left fairing pocket and frt fork reflector replacement lights. I have not opened the fork lights package. These 3 parts - 2- 1/2" (not 3/8") plastic washers and 1- small (1/2") blk soft plug are left and I can't figure out where they go. The plug is not the original plug from the left pocket- that one is larger and accounted for. Nor are they part of the Honda acc. 12v left fairing pocket kit. I noticed them as soon as i begasn work and was puzzled as to where they would go. Figured I would have figured it out before I close up patient. :mad:

Thanks
Z
btw 2012 w/ abs

·
Registered
674 Posts
Well very interesting could you post a picture of your pocket. I guess my sales person left this plug out of my bike or I dont have that option.
as far as your left over parts well I dont know what they could be used for.
Perhaps you could post a picture of the parts also, someone might know what they are by looking at them.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will figure out how to post photo when return from short trip. Leaving in 4 hrs. As well, I will be going back to dealer to get remedy on this and will post results.
Thanks for your interest and assistance.
Z

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.