Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about y'all, but there's no way in heck I'm working from home and NOT gonna take on some more projects around the place. This weekend I built more shelves in the garage to get better organized. Once I got that done the youngest and I took the dirt bikes for a ride, then I decided to tackle rebuilding the factory seat for the GL1200 so I can get the Corbin off. (BTW, the Corbin and factory seat foam will be up for sale soon).
Anyhoo, the seat is the Saddlemen Road Sofa kit, essentially it's all new foam and cover in one that you just have to stretch and staple onto the factory seat pan. I think it turned out really well, and I am looking forward to trying it out SOON. Some pics below:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I am doing the same thing
spent part of today moving a few things from the greenhouse to our screened in porch

I am having to try to teach from home...... hard to enforce lunch detentions for not turning in work.
It is also hard to teach math with out the face to face time.
We had to schedule a block of time to be on campus to create EVERYTHING for the next week, I got Thursday mornings. I have a feeling we will be doing the teach from home thing for the remainder of the school year. Which for us is the end of May.

·
Super Moderator
28,032 Posts
Wiring for the hot tub delivery. Not quite a quarantine project, because we aren't and it had to be done anyway but a project none the less

20200323_181542.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,314 Posts
Is that box the correct height for code?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW, Cantankerous...you should recognize the seat I started with. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,314 Posts
Sure do, it looks much better now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With things warming up, I figuredi better get the seat installed on the bike. It fits great, but the Markland backrest is to narrow to go around the extra wide part. The new seat has a pretty good backrest built in, so I'm gonna try it without for a while and see how I like it.
On a separate note, I'm pretty sure I put it a way clean, and it's been living in my heated garage under a cover, so where did all the dirt come from?
I also fired her up for the first time since about early Feb. Too a little cranking to fill the carbs back up, and then she fired right up. So glad I spent the extra money on a good kit for the carbs from Randall's!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
We poured a 20'x30' concrete slab yesterday and are going to build a garage on it soon. Myself and 3 highschool boys that I hired did it and it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since the snow keeps coming, I decided to keep projecting. Pulled the wheels off and ordered a new set. Should be here Thursday, so I can drop them off to get swapped Friday.
While it's apart I'm changing oil in the rear end again and will clean things up real well.
I'm very thankful to have the bike lift, it makes working in this thing much easier on my broken back.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I called this morning about dropping off my wheels to get the new rubber installed. It took a while, but it looks like they forgot to put the order in and my new tires are not in yet, and won't be here until Tuesday. And of course the weather is looking awesome for the weekend. Oh well, I guess she sits on the lift for a few more days. They did apologize profusely and offer to make it right, so we'll see what that entails. I'm hoping maybe free mounting? Anyway, I think I'll take the kids and we'll just go ride dirt bikes instead.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My wife found these online..... and asked if I could make them.............. I said,"of course"

So I guess some birds & squirrels will be happy

bar.jpg
picnic table.jpg
swing.jpg

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally got the tires swapped over yesterday, and spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get the right rear lower shock mount bolt back in place. I had to give up about 9:30pm after teaching my youngest a few new words. o_Oo_O
I hit it again this evening after work and figured out that bushing inside the rubber wasn't round anymore and the should on the bolt just wouldn't go through. GAH! Anyhoo, once I had that sorted I got everything back in place and things bolted back together. On the LAST bolt, no kidding as I was finishing torquing it down the rain started. It's been beautiful for almost a week, sunny and high 60's. And the rain continues yet.
So, while the bike is ready there's no way I'm taking fresh tires out in the rain! Hopefully I can start riding tomorrow!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts