Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought the Honda Helmet Com system with my 2009, seemed like the thing to do.
Problem is, the sound is terrible through the speakers that are in the helmet. I have turned the Treble down all the way, and the Bass up all the way, but the quality is like a tin can. It makes it hard for me to hear, even in my good Shoei helmet.

Is there any different speakers that can be soldered onto the wires, or even a much better grade of speaker headsets? I don't know the voltage or impedance, but there has to be something better than this.

Thanks,
Robert

·
Super Moderator
28,443 Posts
Ditto. I have J&M stuff, you can't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Do you half to buy one of those high dollar helments or is there some way to use the helment you already have,And if there is what is the best one to buy,
I have been thinking on this for a while but have done little investigating on it,But from working in a shop for over 26 yrs my hearing is getting bad. My Wife was Born Deaf so I always thought they were just for talking back and forth to each other But it never dawned on me about everything else coming though it I guess I am just a country boy , But I have a hard time hearing what Lola the voice on my NAVI is saying.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
knwe55,
You don't need an expensive helmet. The speakers fit into the depressions in the helmet next to your ears, and the microphone attaches with a universal clamp to the shell itself. The wires are routed along the pad joints and the helmet liner.
They make the microphone/speaker units to fit any type of helmet, be it 3/4 (open face), full style, or a flip-up style.

Robert

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
knwe55,
You don't need an expensive helmet. The speakers fit into the depressions in the helmet next to your ears, and the microphone attaches with a universal clamp to the shell itself. The wires are routed along the pad joints and the helmet liner.
They make the microphone/speaker units to fit any type of helmet, be it 3/4 (open face), full style, or a flip-up style.

Robert
Thanks I learns something every day

1 - 7 of 7 Posts