Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya had to know there would be a brief barrage of questions from a Goldwing noob.

Been poking around and not finding much thus far. But being somewhat of an audiophile, I'd like to upgrade the audio on the Wing to something with higher quality sound and able to handle media from this century. I've tried FM transmitter types, cassette adapters and the like in the past. None have ever had acceptable sound quality or were either too annoying to use.

I know some of y'all here appreciate good music and quality sound. Thanks for any help. :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
i haven't used the speakers on the wing since getting a j&m headset

·
Super Moderator
10,007 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Only the Interstates had a jack in the audio system to connect to cd player, tape player or mp3. Think of it this way, a 1500 is at least 11 yrs old, so speakers may not be as crisp as they were new. Replace speakers or wear helmets with headsets and go from there. If I remember correctly, there was a post a few months back on soldering in some leads to upgrade the radio but can't remember if it was for the 1500 or 1800, or what it added.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Audio quality on a m/c is a bit suspect even today. Wind noise, ambient noise (traffic etc) and speed all contribute to degrading audiio quality. I'd recommend dropping by an automotive audio shop and see what they think would be a reasonable upgrade for your bike and then go shopping. I doubt I have to tell you how the shop guys will try to loosen your purse strings and then upsell you from there:eek:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the J&M and the helmet speakers are weak at best. low end at all. What is the port on the side that has the rubber boot for? I had to remove that to get them to fit in my full face Shoei.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is that something that would power speakers.? Looks to be very versatile.

I found this little marine amp. Looks interesting. :cool: d:^) Schneeks..
This device uses your onboard system to power everything. It allows the signal to come over the FM. I believe it is pre-programmed for a station so you just dial that in and turn on your XM or Ipad or whatever you plug into it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This device uses your onboard system to power everything. It allows the signal to come over the FM. I believe it is pre-programmed for a station so you just dial that in and turn on your XM or Ipad or whatever you plug into it.
Are you using this system? I can't say as I've ever been very impressed with FM modulating style systems.
Might be a good thing if one actually worked well. Being pre-programmed I'd hafta wonder how well that worked when a strong station on or near the same frequency was in range. Thanks.!! :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are you using this system? I can't say as I've ever been very impressed with FM modulating style systems.
Might be a good thing if one actually worked well. Being pre-programmed I'd hafta wonder how well that worked when a strong station on or near the same frequency was in range. Thanks.!! :cool: d:^) Schneeks..
I'm not using that one but I use the XM Roady in my RV, it's mounted right next to the FM radio but not connected to it and it broadcasts on a selectable FM frequency and it works great. This is in a semi-stationary RV though. I've used these modulators before and they can work well, unless there's a STRONG local FM signal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.