Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife rode on the back of my 1989 GW trike yesterday - a couple of hours out and then back to catch an early dinner out with my son. While she appreciated the stock (Markland?) passenger floorboards, she was jealous of me being able to stretch out on Kury highway pegs attached to the front engine guard.

So, I went on the hunt last night for some kind of floorbord extender for her. Kuryakyn makes the transformer floorboard with the highway peg that goes up or down, but, according to their site, fitment is for the 90+SE or the 91+Aspencade. I don't see anything about '88-89 GL1500's. I looked at another solution that bolted on just the highway peg onto the stock floorboard, but did not an explicit guarantee that it would work with an '89 GL1500.

Of course, this might only be a bolt length issue like Chopin's thread that he started on attaching the Kury passenger cup desgined for the GL1800 to hand rail of a GL1500. Thanks, Chopin for hetting that discussion going.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I'd give Kuryakin's customer service line a call just to see if there's any difference in the '88-9 1-866-277-9598 or e-mail them at [email protected]. From the website it looks like they'll fit, but best to check.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd give Kuryakin's customer service line a call just to see if there's any difference in the '88-9 1-866-277-9598 or e-mail them at [email protected]. From the website it looks like they'll fit, but best to check.
Thanks Budoka for the pointer. I'll call 'em

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
A few years ago I had chance to try a set on our 93. They mounted between the passenger boards and the bike. The problem I found with them was that in order to get the side panels off I had to remover the passenger floor boards. The piece that fit between the board and the bike was to wide vertically to get the panel off. Took them off and send them back to the guy that was trying to get rid of them. Something to think about.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few years ago I had chance to try a set on our 93. They mounted between the passenger boards and the bike. The problem I found with them was that in order to get the side panels off I had to remover the passenger floor boards. The piece that fit between the board and the bike was to wide vertically to get the panel off. Took them off and send them back to the guy that was trying to get rid of them. Something to think about.
Now, to get the side panels off, I have to take out one bolt from the passenger floorboards, loosen the second bolt and swing the floorboard down from the side covers. So, maybe jsut taking the whole thing off isn't so bad, but if i was goig to be in there alot, it would be a pain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts