Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you GL1500 owners, which fuse block fits our bike well and where did you mount yours? I want to add a new horn setup to my bike and a 12V adapter for a GPS. Before I add that stuff I think I'd like to add a fuse block for accessories first.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I have added block on another bike. Just went to Advance Auto or one similar on the rack. Pick one up for about 10 dollars. As for where, I would start by taking off the seat and look for a place close to the battery as possible and where I could screw down in place and have easy access to it. Sounds like you are about ready to get down to some serious fun

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
L2R has given you good info. Depending on your prowess for the work, I'll give you another avenue.

This is what I put on my 1500. The reason I opted to go this way was it also included the relay which was wired (Easy instructions) to the Start Circuit to take the load off when starting the bike. It's compact & fits right in the side cover. Just another option.

http://www.electricalconnection.com/power-distribution/pplate.htm

Oh one more thing I got mine from Wingstuff (they carry them) because they are one of our Site Sponsors.

Hope this helps.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Just one small bit of advice. Make sure you have adequate alternator output for what you're adding. 1500's don't really like additional draw on the charging system without suitable alternator upgrades. Excercise caution and forethought is all;)

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Good point Budoka. I assumed & shouldn't have. Compufire on my 1500.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I put the KRISS Star-Tron isolated accessory controller AP7 on my 1500 16 years ago and it hasn't let me down. Can't remember who I got it from. I'm sure there are others out there, that work just as well.
And our Fine Canadian Administrator has a valid point about the 1500's charging system.
Check out Wingstuff's selection of fuse blocks.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Reactions: Dwarven1
1 - 8 of 8 Posts