Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some years now I've had a bad back and found this to really help me getting the wing on the center stand.
I use a piece of 1"x 6" lumber 6" or so long (actual 3/4"x5 1/2"x 6"in length.) I've fastened this to the floor in the garage with double stick automotive tape so it won't move around.
I ride the bike over it and stop with the rear tire on the board, and put the side stand down. This takes a little getting used to because the bike leans over more, but not to worry.
Get hold of the left side passenger hand grip with the right hand and the left handle bar grip with the left hand. Put your right foot on the center stand lever. Start lifting the bike to the right while pressing on the center stand lever. When you feel the right side of the center stand touch the floor and the bike is vertical. Pull back and up,shifting your weight onto the lever trying to push it through the floor.
You will be surprised how easy the bike comes up onto the center stand. I carry one of these in the saddle bag on trips also, so if I want to put the bike on the center stand at night I don't have to struggle with it.
Try it you will like it.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Good tip ! Thanks,,,,,I'll have to give it a try...

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
They have a video for that.

and if you should make an oops

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes; those videos show how to do. But like I said that board makes it a whole lot easier. That 3/4 inch of lift takes the initial lift out of the effort and make it a lot easier for me. With my back I'd never go back to doing it like shown in the videos.
From the Northwest corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Ron, Good info for us old guys. I've actually have done that as well read it somwhere else once. It works.

Again thanks for posting sorry that some people try to interject counter thoughts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
GREAT TIP.. Thanks, I tried it a few minutes ago and WOW that was easy. The first time I have been able to get my 1500 on the stand since my bypass surgery 2 years ago. Exactly why I decided to join this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
GREAT TIP.. Thanks, I tried it a few minutes ago and WOW that was easy. The first time I have been able to get my 1500 on the stand since my bypass surgery 2 years ago. Exactly why I decided to join this forum.
was it the wood or the technique. :confused:

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm glad it has helped some of you. Getting the bike up that first little bit really makes it easier.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts