Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a job. The spring was not a problem with a good spring wrench. What was is taking the stock one off. Someone broke into the garage and stole my impact wrench and drill driver. I had to use my impact driver to loosen the bolts. (old school) Oh well, I hope they got a good price for them.:mad:

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Let them come by my place, I have two of Santa's elves around all the time.
Mr Smith & Mr Wesson

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
OK, so now its on the bike. I want to hear what your assessment is of the ride off stand. Before you give it, please practice. Isn't putting the bike on the center stand from the kick stand like spreading warm butter on toast? Backing onto it, especially with a rider takes practice and not recommended right away. Tell us what you think about it.... Recomendations: 1. Leave the bike in 1st gear when on the stand. 2.Park on a level spot.3. Rock the bike back and forth (front to back) to insure its stable before walking away. 4. Spread your legs and start off in 1st or 2nd when driving off the stand for stability. Keep your feet off the highway pegs or standard pegs till your off the stand and moving. Keep your feet low to the ground for balance purposes if needed. 5. Admit that its one of the best things you could have done to the bike. :) Isaac

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
my advice, be sure to wear shoes when putting the wing on the center stand :)

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
my advice, be sure to wear shoes when putting the wing on the center stand :)
Shoes are not needed when putting the Wing on the "Ride off Center Stand". No effort at all and no ball of the foot pain. It glides up there like buttered buiscuits.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Let them come by my place, I have two of Santa's elves around all the time.
Mr Smith & Mr Wesson
I have the two Glock brothers 21 and 30 ....nothing gets someones attention like .45 acp....lol

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Ibalee,
I have to disagree. Everyone knows the attention getting sound of a 12 Gauge pump.
PS. I have the Glocks twins as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts