Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my farkle on yesterday which consisted of cup holder, Kuryakun ergo 2,Baker hand wings which look good and the Utopia back rest. I really like the looks of the smoked hand wings on the blk bike. I can see that they are a good investment. Everything went together alright with no extra parts left. I could of used a better knife when doing the back rest. Now if only I could go for a ride. I've had the bike for one month yesterday and have not put one mile on it. Ice on my dirt road in one corner and mud on the rest. Warming temps this week so maybe this coming weekend.

·
Registered
163 Posts
How about some pics? My farkle is somewhere between here and there. I've got about $1100 worth to put on when it gets here. How'd the back rest install go for ya? I ordered the Baker wings as well as the back rest. Suppost to hit 70 degrees here today, so I'll have to ride farkeless.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Careful guys before you know it you will be main lining farkle and bling, once you start it's hard to stop the withdrawals are really bad. I've been in rehab a couple of times. Can't say I'm cured, just can't find any place to hang any more:D
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Careful guys before you know it you will be main lining farkle and bling, once you start it's hard to stop the withdrawals are really bad. I've been in rehab a couple of times. Can't say I'm cured, just can't find any place to hang any more:D
Ron
Hey Ron...maybe you can start to farkle the driver. You know, assless chaps, frilly leather jacket, bandanner, ear rings, boots with silver toe do-hickeys and buckles and things like that. How about one of them stick on mohawk doo-giggers for your helmet. Iffen it don't get in the way of the spike on top. Ha....:D (I'm probably gonna pay for this post):eek:

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Hey Ron...maybe you can start to farkle the driver. You know, assless chaps, frilly leather jacket, bandanner, ear rings, boots with silver toe do-hickeys and buckles and things like that. How about one of them stick on mohawk doo-giggers for your helmet. Iffen it don't get in the way of the spike on top. Ha....:D (I'm probably gonna pay for this post):eek:
Sorry my Texas friend but I got a little to much Red Neck in me for that stuff. I do have a pair of Shot Gun Chaps, they don't have a butt in them. And on my belt I got Lone Star bottle caps for the fancy.;)
Have ever had the B.B.Q. at Coopers in Liano, the best !!!
Ron

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thought I was on a Harley forum for a second there....:)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm done adding after the ram mount for my Tom Tom get here. Adding the back rest was easy. Only hints I have is a good knife and I drilled 1/4 holes. Once I get mine outside I will take pictures.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Sorry my Texas friend but I got a little to much Red Neck in me for that stuff. I do have a pair of Shot Gun Chaps, they don't have a butt in them. And on my belt I got Lone Star bottle caps for the fancy.;)
Have ever had the B.B.Q. at Coopers in Liano, the best !!!
Ron
Chaps sound cool. Funny you should ask about Coopers. We went to photo the eagles again today and shot on over there to Coopers and chowed down. Had sausage and a little brisket. Tons of beans and onions with some of them hottie pickles and tater salad. Don't mean to make your mouth water but it was good. Even brought some home. BUT....the best BBQ around is in Taylor at Louis Muellers place. Lord have mercy, it'll make you cry its so good. Maybe I'm leaning that way since I was raised in that town. Gotta wash my t-shirt now, I'm a sloppy eater. There were more Hardleys there than fleas on a junk yard dog. Miles and miles of do rags and leather. One dude even had a spur on. Cracked me up for sure. Guess he would drag it to make sparks fly. Geeze its comical.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I'm done adding after the ram mount for my Tom Tom get here. Adding the back rest was easy. Only hints I have is a good knife and I drilled 1/4 holes. Once I get mine outside I will take pictures.
I used mamma's bread knife. I was half way through the job.....and then she came home.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Cup Holder: Drove me Nuts

Sound odd that a cup holder would drive me nuts isn't it? While riding last August across N and S Dakotas I kept fiddling with my cup holder because it tended to tilt, I was always trying to set it straight up and down :) Long story short, while playing with the cup holder, I almost dumped my bike, strayed out of my lane and in general became obsessed with the cup holder alignment. :) By Fargo, N. Dakota, the cup holder was removed from the bike and sent home, via USPS, with some other stuff I no longer needed on my trip.

While out west, the heat index ranged from 106* to 118* degrees. The ice water in my cup, when the cup holder was till mounted, melted withing 10 minutes.

The end result was that I put three litre bottle of water in the bags and stopped when thirst got the best of me. If 3 litres of water sounds extreme, the area I was riding in was sparsely populated. I actually drove almost two hours before seeing anything but cattle and an occasional ranch house. Great trip but super hot.

Pay attention to the road!! if you find that your cup holder is distracting you, put it in the trunk and forget about it. :)
Ride Safe,
T-Rex

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
High Sierra makes a $20 "Camel Back" that is outstanding for those situations. You can find them at Big Lots, Academy and a lot of stores. Added advantage is that your back stays nice and cool and only the tube feeds up into the helmet. A real nice accessory when you ride in places like here in Texas where you can fry eggs on the pavement during summer. There are times when YOUR eggs fry too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts