Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to remove the front glove boxes the other day to do a little wiring. I pushed the Center of the four pins, then gently lifted the one box up and wouldn't you know it one of the pins tried its best to jump and plunge to its death into the dark abyss below. I had to use my cat like ninja skills to grab it before it could disappear. That got me thinking I should order a couple extra ones to have on hand for the days when my reflexes aren't so great. Went to the Honda dealer= $4.00cdn for one= no can do!! Knowing there's another way I came home and looked on eBay and voila a pack of 10 for $1.00 delivered to my door. The dash ones are 6mm. The under the front cowl ones are 8mm. I ordered both kinds as I am missing one of the 8mm ones under the cowl. These pins are used elsewhere on the bike. Here are the links:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=311313290354&globalID=EBAY-ENCA

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331515764766&globalID=EBAY-ENCA

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thank you very much, will keep these links for the future, plus they will work on my other bikes as well. :smile2:

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
I can't check for sure from here, but those push darts should be $4 a bag not each...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't check for sure from here, but those push darts should be $4 a bag not each...
Not according to cheapcycleparts.com. They are listed there for $2.96USD each.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Sorry but there is no shipping charges. So actually about a third the cost.
Regardless they are both a lot less than dealer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sorry but there is no shipping charges. So actually about a third the cost.
Regardless they are both a lot less than dealer.
Couldn't figure out where you saw the shipping costs as my computer said free shipping. Finally got it when I switched my eBay to the U.S.
First time I have ever saw free shipping to Canada but not to the USA. Man that feels good for a change :grin2:.

·
Registered
367 Posts
When i worked at the Honda dealership , and a customer came in needing one or two of them , they would give them to them . But thats in south Alabama .

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
So it looks like either link is good it just depends on where you live. If you are in the US use my link, if in Canada use yours.
I wonder how many other items on ebay are like that ?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Yep, always good to have a few extra of those pins.

What I do when I remove the glove boxes is to use a hooked dental pick under the edge of the pins to remove them and set them aside first. One time I got lazy and left one in and lifted out the box and same as you - the dang thing took off like a rocket into the blackness.

Thanks for the links.

A

·
0 Posts
I bought spares of every size screw, nut, or plastic rivet that is on the GL1800 shelter...

something always breaks when I pull something apart...

oh, I have grommets also.

·
Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 45th Ed
60 Posts
I had to remove the front glove boxes the other day to do a little wiring. I pushed the Center of the four pins, then gently lifted the one box up and wouldn't you know it one of the pins tried its best to jump and plunge to its death into the dark abyss below. I had to use my cat like ninja skills to grab it before it could disappear. That got me thinking I should order a couple extra ones to have on hand for the days when my reflexes aren't so great. Went to the Honda dealer= $4.00cdn for one= no can do!! Knowing there's another way I came home and looked on eBay and voila a pack of 10 for $1.00 delivered to my door. The dash ones are 6mm. The under the front cowl ones are 8mm. I ordered both kinds as I am missing one of the 8mm ones under the cowl. These pins are used elsewhere on the bike. Here are the links:

eBay

eBay
HOLA...
I trying to work on my bike and broke one of the pins...
For the left side storage box... is it 6mm??
The link above is not working? can you please resend me link from amazon or ebay?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I bought replacement rivets from Cyclemax, a bag of 10ea for around 5 dollars. They have the flush mounts, like the ones your speaking of and also every rivet used on the 1800. I'm always losing one or two of these things.

Now if you want to order the OEM rivet they have those also @ 4.03 per rivet.

·
Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 45th Ed
60 Posts
I bought replacement rivets from Cyclemax, a bag of 10ea for around 5 dollars. They have the flush mounts, like the ones your speaking of and also every rivet used on the 1800. I'm always losing one or two of these things.

Now if you want to order the OEM rivet they have those also @ 4.03 per rivet.
Awesome thank you....

·
Registered
373 Posts
Be aware the ShowChrome ones aren't the right size for behind the dash.

·
Super Moderator
11,882 Posts
HOLA...
I trying to work on my bike and broke one of the pins...
For the left side storage box... is it 6mm??
The link above is not working? can you please resend me link from amazon or ebay?
Thanks
The reason the link doesn't work, is because it's over four years old.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts